Asset Resale and Recycling
Peace of Mind for IT Asset DispositionIdentity theft. Standards compliance. Environmental liability. While every company strives to be environmentally sensitive, these concerns also weigh on today's businesses. From personal financial information to highly confidential health records, the information on business servers, desktops and laptops includes sensitive and proprietary data that cannot be allowed to fall into the wrong hands.
Dell can help you recover, resell, recycle or return to lease your excess computer equipment in a secure and environmentally conscious manner that complies with local regulatory guidelines. We help you protect sensitive data by removing tags and labels from equipment, overwriting readable hard drives and shredding inoperable disks.1
Solutions to Achieving Data Security and Environmental ResponsibilityIT Asset Recycling
For equipment without resale value, Dell recommends IT Asset Recycling. To help ensure environmental and legislative compliance, Dell will handle the logistics of properly disposing your used equipment in a way that meets local regulatory guidelines.
IT Asset Resale
Dell will pick up your systems at your designated location, ship them to our facilities and evaluate your equipment to determine its value. Equipment without residual value will be recycled. For assets that may have value, Dell can help you to resell your equipment. This service offers a choice between the following data security options:
- Resale with off-site data wipe — Dell performs a three-pass data wipe in which data on the seated hard drive is overwritten by using an automated script, or in the case of nonfunctional hard drives, by destroying the hard drives in a controlled secure environment.
- Resale with on-site data wipe — Dell provides an extra level of security by performing the three-pass data wipe of the seated hard drive at your site before the PC leaves your facilities.
IT Asset Lease Return
Dell can manage the logistics and processing of your equipment for return to your leasing vendor. You can choose from the following three options:
- Transportation only — Dell comes to your site, packs your equipment and ships it back to your leasing company.
- Off-site data wipe — Dell comes to your site, packs your equipment and ships it to our processing center, where we perform a three-pass data wipe of the seated hard drives. Then, we clean and test your equipment. After fully processing your equipment, Dell ships it back to your leasing company.
- On-site data wipe — In addition to packing and shipping, Dell comes to your site and performs a three-pass data wipe of your system's seated hard drives before the equipment leaves your facilities.
One Size Never Fits AllFor customers who require nonstandard service or integrated deployments, Dell can provide flexible services including custom asset recovery solutions. Contact your Dell sales representative to find out what we can do for you.
For comprehensive information on these services, please visit www.dell.com/servicecontracts to view the service descriptions.
1. Data Removal Process: No data removal process leaves a hard drive or computer as free from residual data as a new product. Dell makes no recommendations regarding the customer's security needs or representations regarding the effectiveness of one method of data removal over another. It is the customer's responsibility to protect any confidential or sensitive information contained on its hard drives recovered by Dell.