Discover your future through our student and graduate programs.
Whether your interest lies in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, or Sales, our rotational and development programs can help you explore opportunities within your desired function. Each program allows recent graduates the opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact to the business and to their career. What does your future look like?
University Relations (UR) Program
Through our UR program, we’re empowering future leaders, such as you, with the opportunity to collaborate with our global teams. You’ll get a chance to develop ideas and put them into action. Students and recent grads can choose from several unique programs:
- Summer internships
- Full-time employment
- Rotational and development programs
As a part of the UR program, you’ll be immersed in the global business world. Ninety-eight percent of Fortune 500 companies do business with Dell — how’s that for rubbing elbows? In addition, we also work directly with 10 million small businesses, helping some amazing entrepreneurs achieve great things. And in a company that ships 110,000 products every day (that’s one every second), we’ll keep you engaged with a fast-paced working environment.
Dell is headquartered in Austin, TX, which was awarded the Best City for Young Professionals in 2010 by Portfolio.com. Come and join us there, playing an important role in the continued success of our organization. Seize your opportunity to learn, grow and succeed through Dell’s UR program.
Human Resources Rotational Program (HRRP)
Dell has more than 1,000 human resources practitioners in over 35 countries that create and shape activities that benefit our customers and shareholders. Through the HRRP program, Dell is building a team of well-rounded HR professionals who can innovate, think strategically, execute ideas and help lead the future of Dell. During the two-year program, participants experience three distinct roles within the HR function, including one rotation in the Center of Excellence, an HR field position and a business-aligned position. Each team member will also develop a strategic project or activity to further develop HR and business acumen. Participants have the ability to maximize their career potential in HRRP by:
- Building a solid understanding of Dell and the HR function
- Attaining a wide breadth of job experience in an accelerated time frame
- Developing a global network of Dell professionals
- Gaining exposure to executive management
- Enhancing communication and presentation skills
- Learning project management as an effective HR professional
- Understanding and partnering with the business to drive key initiatives
- Growing leadership skills through rotation assignments and stretch projects
We value breadth of experience and encourage team members to develop a broad spectrum of HR knowledge. No matter what your role or level, the structure of our HR team and the scope of our work create an environment where you partner with our function and the business to lead impactful initiatives.
We are actively seeking HRRP participants who are working to achieve a master’s degree or MBA and have a proven record of academic achievement, teamwork, leadership abilities and strong interpersonal/communication skills. First round interviews take place during on-campus recruiting visits and final interviews are held at our headquarters in Round Rock, TX. Look for program positions on your university job board!
Undergraduate Finance Development Program
Dell’s two-year Finance Development Program (FDP) gives entry-level undergraduates or the equivalent an opportunity to launch their finance careers. This accelerated program consists of four finance rotational assignments and a significant MBA-type academic focus to build solid finance and business acumen. Each rotation is six months in length and global in scope.
United Negro College Fund Corporate Scholars Program
Dell partnered with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) to create the Dell/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program in order to increase students' interest in technology and Dell, while increasing our reach to prospective diverse team members. Eligible candidates include raising juniors and MBAs enrolled in UNCF schools and other 4-year institutions in the following areas:
- Business Administration/MBA
- Human Resources
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Distribution Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
As part of this award, scholars will receive:
- Up to a $5,000 scholarship (based on financial need and successful internship performance)
- A paid summer internship
- Housing accommodations at Dell locations
Apply online at www.uncf.org, call 1-866-671-7237 (toll-free) for more information, submit your application via mail:
Dell/UNCF Corporate Scholars Program
United Negro College Fund
8260 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
Dell is a proud sponsor of the INROADS® Internship Process. Through more than 30 years of service, the INROADS Internship Process has earned the trust of hundreds of Fortune 500 corporations, and global businesses are eager to recruit superior leadership talent. INROADS interns are trained to optimize individual performance to increase organizational success.
INROADS intern qualifications include:
- Historically under-represented people of color as college freshmen and sophomores
- Cumulative high school 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA), 900 Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and cumulative college 3.0 GPA
- Proven leadership skills after attending a 4-year college/university course
- Pursuing a college major in: Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems Computer Information Systems, Sales and Communication
To learn more about INROADS, visit their website, www.inroads.org or contact the organization directly via phone, fax or post:
10 South Broadway, Suite 300
St. Louis, Missouri 63102
Phone: (314) 241-7488
Fax: (314) 241-9325