Microsoft Developer Tools
Microsoft® Visual Studio® Team System with the Team Foundation Server offers a unified development environment and programming model for constructing a range of software solutions. This platform provides enhanced tool and framework functionality, as well as advanced performance, security and scalability for building enterprise-critical software.
The Microsoft Developer Network® (MSDN) Subscription is the ideal delivery mechanism for Visual Studio and the entire Microsoft development platform. It provides your developers with everything they need to develop end-to-end Microsoft software solutions, including Visual Studio, the Microsoft server test platform, Microsoft operating systems and the extensive contents of the MSDN Library.
Microsoft Expression® takes the many sides of your creative personality to new levels. Professional design tools give you greater flexibility to create sophisticated applications and content. Innovative technologies enable faster and richer interface development for Microsoft Windows® applications or the Web.
Visual Studio 2010
Visual Studio 2010 is packed with new and enhanced features that simplify the entire development process, from design to deployment. With Visual Studio 2010, you can:
- Customize your workspace with multiple monitor support
- Create rich applications for SharePoint® and the Web
- Target multiple versions of the .NET Framework with the same tool
- Eliminate the dreaded 'no repro' problem with IntelliTrace
Choose from these Visual Studio editions:
- Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate — The comprehensive suite of application life cycle management tools for teams to ensure quality results, from design to deployment
- Visual Studio 2010 Premium — A complete toolset that simplifies application development for individuals or teams, enabling the delivery of scalable, high-quality applications
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional — The essential tool for individuals performing basic development tasks
- Visual Studio 2010 Test Professional — A specialized toolset for quality assurance teams that simplifies test planning and manual test execution
Microsoft Developer Network Subscription
An MSDN Subscription acts as a lifeline for software developers, testers, architects, IT professionals, database engineers and others by providing priority access to new and old versions of Microsoft products — including developer tools, operating systems, server software and productivity applications. As a subscriber, you can use the software to design, develop, test and demonstrate your applications on as many machines and devices as you need — saving you a bundle on software license costs during development.
You also get access to newsgroups with a guaranteed response by Microsoft engineers, access to the Online Concierge — an online chat service for help finding online resources — and a number of technical support incidents for those tricky technical problems that we all encounter from time to time.
For your downtime, there is the MSDN Magazine, crammed full of the latest information on Microsoft tools, development environments, and technologies for Windows and the Web.
MSDN subscriptions are available in a variety of levels to fit your individual requirements. They are:
- Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN — Ideal for professional developers in teams requiring access to the fullest set of Microsoft products for development and test, as well as access to a comprehensive set of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Visual Studio Premium with MSDN — Ideal for professional developers requiring access to the fullest set of Microsoft products for development and test, as well as access to Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Visual Studio Professional with MSDN — Ideal for professional developers building applications on Windows, Windows Server® and SQL Server®
- Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN — Ideal for professional testers in need of a tool for test planning and manual test execution. Includes access to Windows, Windows Server and SQL Server
- MSDN Embedded — Ideal for professional embedded developers building specialized devices on Windows Embedded operating systems
- MSDN Operating Systems — Ideal for software testers or IT professionals who need to set up test labs with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server, but do not need additional products
Team Foundation Server 2010 is the collaboration platform at the core of Microsoft’s application lifecycle management solution that automates the software delivery process and enables entire organizations to manage software development projects from start to finish.
Microsoft Expression takes your creative possibilities to a new level. The professional design tools and innovative technologies in Expression give you the flexibility and freedom to bring your vision to reality — whether you are designing standards-based Web sites, rich user experiences on the desktop, or managing digital assets and content. Microsoft Expression is available in four product editions — all of which will be included in Expression Studio — to fit your individual creative design needs. They are:
- Expression Blend 4 — The professional interactive design tool. Create dynamic prototypes with SketchFlow, and work collaboratively and concurrently with developers to realize your full vision.
- Expression Web 4 — Create rich, standards-compliant sites. Replacement for Microsoft Office FrontPage®.
- Expression Encoder 4 Pro — The professional video encoding tool to encode, enhance and publish video across the Web using the Silverlight™ platform.
- Expression Design 4 — The professional graphic design tool to create compelling graphics for Expression Blend and Silverlight — included with Expression Studio, Web and Blend.
- Expression Studio 4 Ultimate — Take your ideas from concept to collaboration to completion with Expression Web 4, Blend 4, Encoder 4 Pro and Design 4.