Help Me Choose: Display
See More With Dell HD+ and Full HD LCDs
Dell offers HD+ and FHD LCDs on select Inspiron™ systems. The HD+ and FHD LCDs have high resolution, which means you can have more pixels on your LCD panel than on traditional displays. The higher the number of pixels, the greater the panel's ability to display image detail for many media-related tasks, including:
- Enjoying FHD movies on your computer
- Making use of your new digital camera and viewing all of your photos in incredible detail
- Having crisp reproduction of images and videos when you Skype® in HD
- Simultaneously working with multiple open applications on your desktop
Experience More With Enhanced Display Options
The quality of image on your Inspiron laptop's display depends on several factors, including resolution, brightness, color gamut and backlight. Check the key definitions below to learn more about the various attributes and metrics of an LCD screen.
- Color enhancement technology: A color enhancement technology from Dell that enables the most accurate and realistic image reproduction of any Dell laptop today, making panels with this technology ideal for photography.
- Multi-touch: Navigation made easy. A panel with multi-touch allows users to interact with their multimedia by directly touching the computer LCD, minimizing the need for a keyboard, touch pad or mouse. A touch screen is a more natural way to interact with your PC. You have the freedom to just touch the screen and manipulate directly. Plus, it is a more collaborative experience — no fighting over the mouse or who has control of the screen. And two people can interact with one application at the same time, with up to four-finger-touch functionality.
- Edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass: Edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass is bonded to aluminum for a very rigid panel design. It is impeccably strong and aesthetically pleasing. It also allows a bigger screen on your laptop without the added size.
- Enjoy your media in comfort. Wirelessly project to your HDTV, and enjoy and share media with family and friends. Such as …
- Photos, videos and online content
- Music through sites such as Pandora® on your home theater system
|If you want ...||Choose ...|
|To display multiple open applications simultaneously; work productively with large images; or make the best use of resolution-intensive applications, such as digital content creation or data visualization||A Full HD panel|
|To allow multiple people to collaborate around one laptop, or share a presentation with one or two other people||A panel with a wide-viewing angle|
|To work outdoors on your notebook||An outdoor-viewable display with high brightness|
|Panels||11.6" HD||12.5" FHD||13.3" HD||14" HD+||15.6" FHD||15.6" FHD||15.6" FHD||15.6" FHD||15.6" QHD+||17.3" HD+||17.3" FHD|
|Systems Supported||Inspiron 11 3000 Series Laptop||XPS 12||XPS 13||XPS 14||Inspiron 15 (3000, 5000 Series)||Inspiron 15 (5000,7000 Series)||XPS 15||New! XPS 15||New! XPS 15||Inspiron 17 5000 Series||Inspiron 17 5000 Series|
|(1366x768)||(1920x1080)||(1366x768)||(1600x900)||(1366x768)||(1920x1080)||(1920x1080)||(1920x1080)||(3200 x 1800)||(1600x900)||(1920x1080)|
|Viewing Angle*||Standard||wide - 170° 80/80/80/80||Standard||standard||standard||wide||wide||wide - 160° 80/80/80/80||wide - 160° 80/80/80/80||standard||standard|
|Contrast Ratio* (typical)||400:01:00||700:01:00||500:01:00||500:01:00||400:1||500:1||500:01:00||800:01:00||800:01:00||500:01:00||500:01:00|
|Display Glass||Conventional||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass||Conventional||Conventional||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™||edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™||Conventional||Conventional|