An ideal server for small businesses with up to 25 users, Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2011 Essentials is designed to provide a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution to help protect data, organize and access business information from virtually anywhere, support the applications needed to run a business and quickly connect to online services for email, collaboration and customer relationship management (CRM).
SBS 2011 Essentials provides:
- Effortless printer sharing
- Easy file sharing and storage
- Automated PC backup capabilities
- Remote access for anywhere, anytime access to files and applications
- The ability to easily utilize and manage cloud services such as Microsoft® Office 365 or off-site cloud backup for disaster recovery purposes
- A simplified management wrapper using a dashboard for day-to-day management
- The ability to utilize the SBS 2011 Premium Add-on, providing a separate installation of Windows Server® 2008 R2 Standard and access to all the technologies this can provide (such as Hyper-V™ and Remote Desktop Services), plus SQL Server® 2008 R2 for Small Business, a full installation for LOB support
In addition to OEM factory integration, Dell offers a full solution for SBS 2011 Essentials, including hardware, software, services and support from a single contact. The OEM solution provides the benefits of additional integration as well.
- The Intel® Small Business Manageability Plug-In and vPro™ processor utilizing Intel KVM technology allow you to access your PC from anywhere — even when powered off — to diagnose and fix issues.
- The Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector enables connection to the SBS 2011 Essentials server using a Windows® 7 phone. This allows remote server management tasks such as:
- View alerts
- Manage users
- Stop and start backups
- Access files
- The Windows 7 Professional Pack simplifies the activation and configuration of security settings, real-time backup of user data and offline access to user files that are stored on the server. It automatically applies group policy to clients and is simple to set up and configure with an easy-to-follow wizard.