Flexible, reliable desktop virtualizationTurn your organization’s PC infrastructure into a cost-effective desktop virtualization environment without a major investment in new hardware. Dell Wyse PC Extender extends the life of your legacy PCs* as reconfigured and highly functional thin clients for a cost-effective virtualized computing environment that:
- Offers a consistent virtualized desktop experience across several generations of hardware
- Supports a wide range of protocols and infrastructures from Microsoft®, Citrix® and VMware® as well as web-based applications
- Can help eliminate expensive support and management costs
Centralized configurationsDell Wyse PC Extender is easy to deploy and maintain, with the ability to automatically configure and upgrade thousands of devices via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP, without the need for device management software. In addition, PC Extender features:
- Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) software support for more “hands-on” management tasks, such as asset tracking or reporting
- Remote desktop shadowing for interactive user support
- Local and remote printing support
Enterprise-level securityBased on Dell Wyse-enhanced SUSE® Linux® v11.2, the same software found in select Dell Wyse thin clients, PC Extender offers enterprise-level device and data security, including:
- Read-only file system
- Device lock-down abilities
- Cisco®, Juniper Networks® and Nortel™ IPsec virtual private network (VPN) support (add-ons available)
The dynamics of end-user computing are rapidly changing. Organizations today are turning to desktop virtualization to cost-effectively enhance security, streamline desktop management, reduce time to value, and boost user productivity all while providing the flexibility to support a comprehensive array of business requirements.
With Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) featuring Dell Wyse cloud client devices, Dell gives you the ultimate user experience with secure access for any user, to any content, using any app, on any device, anytime anywhere.
Integrate Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) with your existing investments. Many DVS Enterprise solutions are integrated tightly with Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and Dell vWorkspace to optimize your deployments in either Windows or Linux® environments.
- DVS Enterprise Solutions include pre-configured, pretested, on-premise desktop virtualization solutions designed for demanding IT environments.
- The on-premise DVS Simplified Appliance includes all the data center hardware, virtualization software and Dell support services you need to run adesktop virtualization environment.
- With Dell DaaS On Demand, you manage your virtual desktop images with an intuitive self-service portal and we implement, manage and maintain your VDI in a Dell Cloud.