Performance, availability and value
The Brocade 4900 Fibre Channel switch* combines up to 64 ports of industry-leading 4Gb/s performance with high availability and Ports on Demand to support mission-critical storage area networks (SANs).
With a flexible architecture that supports auto-sensing 1, 2 and 4Gb/stechnology with 32, 48 or 64 ports in a 2U package, the 4900 provides excellent value at an affordable price. As a result, even small organisations can achieve the levels of performance and availability typically associated with much larger enterprises.
Brocade 4900 — 64 Port 4 Gbit/sec Fibre Channel Switches* for Midrange and Enterprise SANs
Fast, Reliable 4 Gbit/sec Performance
- Up to 512 Gbit/sec of aggregated throughput (64 ports x 4Gbps base transport rate).
- Up to 64 ports capable of 4 Gbit/sec full-duplex performance
- Up to 64 Gbit/sec throughput with Brocade Inter-Switch Linking (ISL) Trunking
- Exchange-based dynamic path selection for load balancing between trunk groups
- Fabric Shortest Path First (FSPF) traffic rerouting
- Nondisruptive software upgrades (hot code load and activation)
- Redundant, hot-swappable components, fans and power supplies
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Hardware-enforced zoning by World Wide Name (WWN)
- Brocade WEB TOOLS utilization over a secure browser using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Full forward and backward compatibility for changing SAN environments
- Integration with heterogeneous environments: Windows, Windows NT, UNIX, AIX, Linux and Solaris
Enterprise Support Services
Dell™ offers a broad portfolio of services designed to help organizations optimize their use of Dell/EMC® technology, deploy systems rapidly and attain the highest possible levels of system uptime. With the Dell/EMC partnership, customers can benefit from the synergy of Dell's award-winning server services now enhanced with EMC's best practice methodologies, tools and customer training for storage systems.
Note: The following services are required to ensure the best possible customer experience. Hardware installation and Gold-level support are included in the hardware systems price. Implementation is also a mandatory service.
Consulting and Deployment Services (Required)
- Presales Design and Site Readiness Assessment (Gratis)
- Hardware Installation — On-site installation of Dell/EMC systems, rack mounting of systems, connection to power sources and power-on of devices.
- Implementation — System planning, design documentation, select software installation, configuration of switches, cabling, host connectivity, creation of storage groups, product orientation session and extensive custom options.
Standard Support Services for Dell/EMC Systems (Required)
Dell Gold-Level Enterprise Support Service for Dell/EMC Storage features the following:
- 7x24 high-level engineer to engineer support with direct access to Gold Queue
- Technical Account Management Team
- 7x24 4-hour On-site Support
- Remote Software and Storage Support — Unlimited Resolutions
- Storage System Remote Monitoring
- Prefailure Alert Program
- Seamless support between Dell and key 3rd-party providers
- Change notification/Software Subscription
- Dell/EMC support
- Customer training
- Backup and recovery design and implementation
- Cluster implementation for Microsoft® Exchange and SQL Server®
- SnapView and MirrorView installation and configuration
- On-site troubleshooting
- On-site engineers
- On-site parts
- Platinum-level support