Capacity, performance and security
Customers looking to store and protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption.
- Read and write to LTO 3 and 4, read with LTO-2
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-4 Ultrium tape drive
- Native: 800GB*
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- Full height linear tape drive
Internal and External Drive Available
1.69" (h) x 5.8e" (w) x 18.29" (d)
Weight (3.75 lbs)
2.56" (h) x 8.74" (w) x 12.87" (d)
Weight (9.7 lbs)
Native Transfer Rate
- LTO4 - 120MB/sec
LTO5 - 140MB/sec
LTO6 - 160MB/sec
LTO7 - 300MB/sec
LTO6 and LTO7 drives support 2.5:1 compression. LTO4 and LTO5 drives support 2:1 compression.
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) at 6 Gb/s
Double the Storage Capacity and Reduce Your Backup WindowThe Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 4 (LTO4) technology offers up to 800Gb* native capacity with a transfer rate of 432GB/hr. That is a 100 percent growth in capacity — while shrinking your backup window by a third — over previous generations of LTO drives. With a 6GB Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface, the PowerVault™ LTO-4-120 leverages higher transfer rates over traditional SCSI interfaces.
PowerVault™ LTO-4-120 is the first drive in its class to offer device-level encryption. This enables organizations to protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software base encryption.
- Single external LTO-4 tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity that back up a maximum of 800GB* (native) of information at up to 432GB/hr (native)
- Backward read and write compatible with LTO-3 media and read compatible with LTO-2 media
- Available with LTO4 WORM (Write Once, Read Many) media to protect your data from being altered or changed
- Device-level encryption that simplifies the encryption process by eliminating the need and cost of software-based encryption