Deploy a storage solution built for performance
Consolidate your remote office storage needs with the strong random IOPS performance of the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS4100XV GbE Internet SCSI (iSCSI) arrays.
- Increased Density: Space-saving 2U 3.5” disk enclosure sized right for your small business, remote or branch office.
- Optimized scalability: Take advantage of highly virtualized peer storage for linear performance and capacity scalability.
- Management flexibility: Manage both file and block storage protocols through one console with EqualLogic Group Manager.
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers, each with 4GB memory for PS-series firmware. Each controller provides cache to flash for data protection.
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives (Twelve (12) drive configuration available. Please contact your Dell Sales Representative for details.)
2.5" 15,000 RPM SAS drives available in 146 GB or 300GB
3.5 TB* using twenty-four (24) 146 GB* 15,000 SAS disk drives
3.6 TB* using twelve (12) 300 GB* 15,000 SAS disk drives
7.2 TB* using twenty-four (24) 300 GB* 15,000 SAS disk drives
Up to 256
128 per volume / up to 2,048 total per group
Up to 512 per pool / 1024 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Windows® 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server® 2008, including Hyper-V™, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008 R2 including Hyper-V™, Windows XP®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, SUSE® Linux® Enterprise, Sun™ Solaris™, IBM® AIX®, HP-UX, Mac OS® X, VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, Citrix® XenServer™, Novell® NetWare®
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
GbE Network Interfaces
Two (2) GbE copper, One (1) 10/100 copper (optional management network only) per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. A maximum of two (2) PS4x00 arrays can be in a group.
- Vertical port sharing
Redundant hot-swappable controllers, power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase
700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57inches)
Depth: 546 mm (21.50 inches)
Weight: 24.1 kg (53 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 29.48 kg (65.00 lbs)
Dell ReadyRails™ sliding rails for square-hole 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to snap into place with screws or other hardware
Dell VersaRails sliding rails for 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to be mounted in racks whose posts have round holes
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
Enterprise features for smaller deploymentsIdeal for your growing storage needs, the PS4100XV GbE iSCSI array is a Dell Fluid Data™ solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Take advantage of a data-center class IT solution in small and midsize businesses as well as enterprise branch offices.
- Use the EqualLogic virtualized scale-out architecture for server consolidation and virtualization.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your enterprise-wide EqualLogic SAN, including PS4100 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic SAN Headquarters.
- Expand easily into a larger EqualLogic SAN by adding PS4100 (maximum two per group) and PS6100 arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Whether you’re consolidating a direct-attached storage (DAS) infrastructure, migrating data from an existing SAN or NAS system, streamlining data protection processes, or simply adding storage capacity, the Dell EqualLogic PS4100 series offers a solution. The proven, high-performance, self-managing storage arrays are designed to meet the requirements of your growing business.
Choose your arrayConsolidate your remote office storage with the high-IOPS performance of the PS4100XV arrays. With 24 SAS 2.5" HDDs, each operating at 15K rpm, and up to 7.2 terabytes of capacity. The PS4100XV is the highest performing array in the PS4100 line.
The Dell EqualLogic PS4100 series enables you to choose the storage solution that best suits your small or midsize business or enterprise branch office. The PS4100 Series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Two GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- Options for 6, 12 or 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS (or SAS SED) drives
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software features
Meet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool-free space, improving your capacity management.