- Intel Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family
Intel Core® I3-4130
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
For more information on specific versions and additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport
- Intel C222
- Memory DIMMs
4x DDR3 UDIMMs w/ECC
- 2 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5”
Default SATA; Optional SAS and SSD
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot; full height, half length
- Chipset based SATA, PERC S110 (Embedded SW RAID)
6GB SAS HBA
- 2x GbE LOM w/o TOE
- Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)
- 1U rack
- Remote management
iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller (optional)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory integrated in Nuvoton WPCM450 (BMC controller) and supports 2D graphics only.
- ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for tooled mounting in 2-post racks.
- H: 1.66” (42.4 mm) (without ear/bezel)
W: 17.09” (434 mm) (without ear/bezel)
D: 15.52” (394.3 mm) (without ear/bezel)
Quiet and compact designInstall your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers*. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manageIntuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.
Your application acceleratorGet the most out of your applications with the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 family featuring 33 percent more cache per core*. Help improve response times with up to 32GB of memory* in four DIMM slots and boost data-transfer speeds with latest-generation PCIe Gen3 I/O.
Reliable, protected and stableEssential data-protection and reliability features help keep your systems up and running, while long lifecycles help ensure IT stability.
- Protect against data loss and run workloads reliably with hardware RAID options.
- Help maintain data availability with error-correcting memory.
- Gain platform stability and enhance ROI with a multi-year lifecycle.
|Choose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.|
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.