File sharing and collaboration made simple
The PowerVault™ NX300 is a 1U entry-level storage solution (NAS) with integrated storage specific features and advanced storage technologies and data management software, designed to help small- and medium-sized businesses stay efficient and productive.
- Supports up to 12TB in a compact 1U chassis.
- Select from several SATA/NLSAS drive offerings to satisfy your capacity needs
- Arrives integrated with everything you need to start file sharing, including an automated initial setup and configuration wizard to save you valuable time.
Simple, Dedicated Data Sharing
Using the Microsoft® Windows® Storage Server 2008 operating system, the PowerVault NX300 is an entry-level NAS that is purpose-built for improved file access performance and easily consolidates growing files across smaller organizations.
Set Up and Manage with Ease
The PowerVault NX300 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
The NX300 NAS system integrates seamlessly into your Windows® environment, taking advantage of the same management and protection tools you’ve already deployed. Integration with non-Windows® clients is also effortless and transparent.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of re-occurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.
Storage Technology that Works for YouThe NX300 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and data management software to help keep your storage deployment efficient. The factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows® Server 2008 R2 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Choose your capacity point by selecting from a variety of SATA/NLSAS hard drives up to 12TB of capacity
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS)
- Access information faster through Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces
- Share files across Windows and non-Windows clients with CIFS (SMB 2.0) and NFS.