Work securely, anywhere.Enhanced data protection: Data security is key in protecting your business and employees. Dell Data Protection is a suite of security software programs offered on each Latitude 3000 Series system. Endpoint security, advanced user authentication and data encryption software all work cohesively to safeguard your data from threats and hacks.
Safely communicate: Your Latitude 3490 comes TPM2.0 TCG certified and FIPS-140-2 certified, and uses hardware-based cryptography for the most secure communication.
Login with ease: Login to Windows Hello with the latest optional infrared camera technology with optional touch fingerprint reader.
Reliable and manageable
Designed for essential tasksFlexible connectivity: VGA, HDMI, RJ-45, USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports let you go dongle free and accommodate your legacy connections.
Work together with ease: The extended 175 degree hinge is smooth, flexible and durable so you can collaborate effectively.
Take your work with you: At 0.82" (21mm) thin and weighing in at 3.79lbs (1.72kg), your Latitude laptop is travel ready.
All-day power: Get up to 15 hours of battery life with the optional 56WHr battery to handle your entire workday.
Dell offers industry-leading encryption, authentication including optional touch fingerprint reader and leading-edge malware prevention from a single source right out of the box. Plus, with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace, your data is safe across all endpoints, including external media, self-encrypting drives and in public cloud storage.
Our most manageable laptop is built to allow flexible and automated BIOS and system configurations through Dell Client Command Suite free tools. We make it easy to deploy, monitor and update your Latitude fleet.
Features a durable, built-to-last chassis that has undergone extensive military-grade MIL-STD 810G testing that ensures your system can withstand real-world conditions.
Ports & Slots
Dimensions & Weight
ProcessorHelp Me Choose
- Intel Core i3-7130U Processor (Dual Core, 3M Cache, 2.7GHz,15W)
- Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (Quad Core, 8M Cache, 1.8GHz,15W)
- Intel Core i5-8350U Processor (Quad Core, 6M Cache, 1.7GHz,15W)
- Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Quad Core, 6M Cache, 1.6GHz,15W)
- Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (Dual Core, 3M Cache, 2.5GHz,15W)
- Intel Celeron 3865U Processor (Dual Core, 1.8GHz, 2M cache,15W)
- Intel Core i3-6006U Processor (Dual Core, 2.0GHz, 3M cache,15W)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)Help Me Choose
- Windows 10 Pro (National Academic License) 64bit English - IMPORTANT: Requires MS Letter of Eligibi
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
- Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit English
- Windows 10 Home Single Language (64bit) English
- Ubuntu Linux 16.04
- 16GB (1x16GB) 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
- 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
- 4GB (1x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
- 8GB (1x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
- 8GB (2x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
- 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
- Integrated with the Processor
- Intel® Integrated HD Graphics (Celeron)
Intel® Integrated HD Graphics 620
AMD Radeon™ R5 M430
- 14.0” HD (1366 x 768) Anti-glare (16:9) WLED, 200 nits
14.0” FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare (16:9) WLED, 220 nits
14.0” HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlit On-cell Touch Display with Truelife
Hard DriveHelp Me Choose
10/100/1000 EthernetWireless LAN Options:
Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Dual Band (1x1) Wireless Adapter+ Bluetooth 4.1
Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Dual Band (2x2) Wireless Adapter+ Bluetooth 4.1
Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8265 Wi-Fi + BT 4.2 (limited to 4.1 by Windows OS) Wireless Card (2x2) (Available March 2018)
Optional Mobile Broadband Options: 7, 8
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE-A (DW5811e) for AT&T, Verizon & Sprint, US. (not available with SKL CPUs or KBL CEL CPU) (Available March 2018)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE-A (DW5811e) (EMEA/APJ/ROW) (not available with SKL CPUs or KBL CEL CPU)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 HSPA+ (DW5811e) (China/Indonesia/india) (not available with SKL CPUs or KBL CEL CPU)
- TPM 2.0 FIPS 140-2 Certified, TCG Certified (Windows® 10 only)
Optional Touch Fingerprint Reader
Dell Client Command Suite
Optional Dell Data Security and Management Software
- Dell Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise
- Dell Data Guardian
- Dell Encryption (Enterprise or Personal)
- Dell Threat Defense
- Dell Protected Workspace
- MozyPro®, MozyEnterprise®
- RSA NetWitness® Endpoint
- VMware Airwatch®
- RSA SecurID Access
- Absolute Data & Device Security
- Integrated High Quality Speakers
Universal Headphone Jack
Integrated digital array microphone
Integrated Infra-Red HD video webcam supporting Windows Hello Ready with Facial Recognition (included with Touch systems)
Integrated HD video webcam (included with non-Touch systems)
42 Whr ExpressCharge Capable (Prismastic)
56 Whr ExpressCharge Capable (Prismatic)
E4 65W adapter, 4.5mm barrel
- Dell Client Command Suite available (dell.com/command),
Factory Installed Dell Client Command | Update,
Dell Command | Power Manager
- Height (front): 21mm (0.82“) x Width: 339mm (13.34”) x Depth: 241.9mm (9.52”)
Starting weight: 1.78kg (3.94 lbs.)
- 1 USB 2.0
1 USB 3.1 Gen1 with PowerShare
1 USB Type C with DisplayPort and Power Delivery
1 HDMI 1.4
1 external uSIM card tray option (with WWAN systems)
1 SD 3.0 Memory card reader
1 Universal Jack global headset jack + mic
1 Touch Fingerprint Reader (optional)
1 Noble Wedge Lock slot
We've got your business covered
Get anytime priority access to expert support with predictive analytics (via SupportAssist technology*) and damage protection for drops, spills, surges and more.
This comprehensive service provides seamless deployment of new technology. You get a single point of contact for project management including up-front planning, configuration, data migration and knowledge transfer.
Accidental Damage Service
Enjoy worry-free ownership and minimize downtime with protection from accidental drops, spills, surges and breakages. Coverage picks up where your previous warranty leaves off and is ideal for high-risk environments and mobile workforces.