Extended lifecycleWith an ultralong purchase lifecycle, the OptiPlex XE2 significantly eases management and planning.
- Help reduce the cost and complexity of system recertification with a three-and-a-half-year purchase lifecycle, which includes the locking of key hardware and software components.
- Easily maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments with help from a six-month managed-transition period.
Versatile, durable designFrom the retail counter to the factory floor, the XE2 easily integrates into your unique workspace and can handle the most demanding physical conditions.
- Confidently run your desktop in hot and space-constrained areas — even inside cabinets. A robust chassis design and a durable fan enable a high temperature tolerance, up to 45°C ambient.
- Deploy with flexibility through multiple chassis options. Select the small form factor (SFF) chassis, optimized for constrained workspaces or the expandable mini tower (MT) with support for legacy PCI cards.
- Specifically designed for original equipment manufacturers, an OEM Ready version of the OptiPlex XE2 is available.
- Boost productivity with up to a 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
- Available with Windows 10 Pro.
- Up to 32GB of memory* and integrated graphics.
- Store up to 2TB* with hard disk drive (HDD), solid-state drive (SSD) and high-performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) options.
- Support up to three monitors at once for serious multitasking.
- Connect new and legacy peripherals with native support for PS/2, Serial (RS-232), VGA and up to 10 USB connections, including optional powered USB.
Exceptional, management and securityEasily control your desktop fleet with comprehensive management and security features.
- Remotely manage your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and Dell’s custom Intel vPro extensions for one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management.
- Reduce costs to set up, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Tighten security with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and optional self-encrypting drives (SEDs), smart card keyboard and security lock.
Integrated solutionsEnhance the security and management of your OptiPlex systems with robust solutions.
- Help secure data and control user access with flexible, easily managed Dell Data Protection solutions.
- Centralize and automate management to help reduce administration costs with Dell Systems Management and Dell KACE.
- Enhance service delivery to your desktops and boost productivity with Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing solutions.
- Easily manage and secure OS, application, and user data from a central location for delivery of on-demand virtual desktops to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.
Deployment and customization
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4770S)
- Intel® 4th Gen Core™ i5 (4570S)
- Intel® 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 (4330)
- Intel® Intel® Pentium® (G3420)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) English
- Windows 7 Professional 32bit, Runtime
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Runtime
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
- Windows 8.1 Pro English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
- Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
- Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
- Windows 10 Home Single Language (64bit) English
- Windows 7 Professional English 32bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License, Microsoft Volume License Only
- Windows 7 Professional English 32bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License, Microsoft Volume License Only
- Win10 IoT Ent 2016 EMB 64bit AP, Taiwan and Hong Kong - Value - Requires Customer License Agreement
- Win10 IoT Ent 2016 EMB 64bit AP, Taiwan and Hong Kong - Highend - Requires Customer License Agreemen
- Win10 IoT Ent 2015 EMB 64bit AP and Taiwan - Highend - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 32 bit OS/COA AP - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 32 bit OS/COA Japan - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 32 bit OS/COA China - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 64 bit OS/COA China - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Pro Embedded 64 bit OS/COA AP - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Ult Embedded 32 bit OS/COA AP - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Ult Embedded 64 bit OS/COA China - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Ult Embedded 64 bit OS/COA Japan - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows 7 Ult Embedded 64 bit OS/COA AP - Requires Customer License Agreement (CLA)
- Windows(R) Embedded POSReady 7 32bit, Runtime
- No OS, Designed for Dell Wyse Cloud DT
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (1x4G) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 8GB (1x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 4GB (2X2GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 6GB (1X2GB + 1X4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 16GB (4X4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 8GB (2x4G) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 32GB (4X8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- ZZZ FOR BUFFER INVOICING ONLY - 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
- Intel Integrated Graphics, Dell OptiPlex
- AMD Radeon 2GB R7 250,Full Height, (DP and DVI-I)
- AMD Radeon R5 240, 1GB, Full Height (DP and DVI-I)
- AMD Radeon™ R5 340X (2GB DP/DVI-I)
- Integrated Intel® I217LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000; supports optional PCIe 10/100/1000 network card, optional wireless 802.11n card
Note, the integrated Intel connection is required to support Intel® vPro™ Technology
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional*
- Intel® vPro Technology (iAMT 9.0) including Dell unique vPro extensions; Intel® Standard Manageability; No Out of Band Systems Management
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4 /(36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 20.68 / 9.4
Number of Bays : 2 internal 3.5”
2 external 5.25”
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 365W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) :13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays :1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : 1 half height PCIe x16
1 half height PCIe x4
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 315W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Dell Professional series monitors available from 17"-24"
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell 2.0 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays.
Dell Print Solutions: Black-and-White, Color and Multifunction Lasers for printing and document management
Hard Drives Options
Hard Disk Drives: up to 1TB
Supports Hybrid, Opal SED FIPS, and Solid State Drive
RAID 0 & 1 support on select configurations
No Hard Drive – Supports Dell Cloud Desktop diskless option
Removable Media Options
Supports optional optical disc drives
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear)
6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear)
2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only)
2 Line-in (stereo/microphone)
2 Line-out (headphone/speaker)
1 Parallel/Serial/Powered Serial/Powered USB port support (optional)
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualified, EPEAT Registered, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHSOther Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
ProSupport Plus, Dell’s most complete* support service for PCs and tablets*, is the only support service that can prevent issues before they occur. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. This end to end support service also includes 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement allowing you to ensure your data is stays secure.*When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently. ProSupport Plus provides all the support essentials that will reduce downtime automatically.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price