Organizations that require maximum performance and scalability for core applications while minimizing their power and physical space requirements.
- Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 and 6500 series
Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft® Hyper-V™ through Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008
VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit www.dell.com/OSsupport.
- Intel® E 7510
Up to 1TB (32 DIMM slots) 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1333MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to two 2.5" SAS or SSD drives
- PERC H200 Modular RAID Controller (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 Modular (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1G Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
- Two embedded Broadcom NetExtreme II Dual Port 5709S Gigabit Ethernet NICs with failover and load balancing.
TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Server 2003 SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack. iSCSI Offload supported on Windows Server 2003 SP1 or higher, Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10. Scalable Networking Pack for Windows 2003 is not required. Boot from SAN (iSCSI and FC) supported.
Optional add-in NICs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
Optional add-in HBAs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory
- Rack Support
Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
Hot-plug hard drives, ECC memory, redundant embedded hypervisor, Intel Xeon 7500 & 6500 series processors with enhanced RAS features
- Dell™ OpenManage™ software tools
Dell Management Console Integration with 3rd party management solutions via Dell’s Certified Partner Program
Altiris® Deployment Solution for Dell Blade Servers
Designed to help reduce deployment time from hours to minutes
Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)
Out of Band alerting, status, inventory, and troubleshooting via Secure Web GUI / CLI (telnet/SSH)
vMedia (virtual media) - Map optical or hard drives to the blade from remote workstations over a network
vKVM (virtual KVM) out-of-band remote console redirection-supports Java or ActiveX plug-ins IPMI 2.0 support
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10º C to 35º C (50º F to 96º F)
Storage: -40º C to 65º C (-40º F to 149º F)
Operating: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: 0.26 Grms at 5-350Hz in operational orientations
Storage: 1.54 Grms at 10-250Hz in all orientations
Operating: Half sine shock in all operational orientations of 31 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10%
Storage: Half sine shock on all six sides of 71 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2 ms +/- 10%
Operating: -15.2m to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600m (-50 ft 35,000 ft)
Powerful, Scalable and Compact
- The PowerEdge™ M910 was designed to meet the needs of nearly any IT environment. Built with Intel® Xeon® processors and advanced systems management capabilities, the M910 is ideal for the demanding applications at the core of most data centers.
- Dell™ FlexMem Bridge technology allows the M910 to seamlessly scale from 4GB to 1TB of DDR3 RAM in either two-socket or four-socket configurations. This patent-pending technology allows Dell to deliver a unique platform that can grow as your needs dictate.
- By delivering these capabilities in a blade server, Dell allows your organization to add significant performance in an exceptionally energy-efficient and easily managed form factor. With 8 four-socket servers per 10U of rack space, the M910 offers more than three times the density of traditional 4U rack-optimized four-socket servers.
Focused on Quality and Reliability
Simplified Systems ManagementThe next generation Dell OpenManage™ suite offers advanced operations and standards-based commands designed to integrate with existing systems for effective control.
- TheDell Management Console, powered by Altiris from Symantec, delivers a single view and a common data source into the entire infrastructure. Dell Management Console is built on the Symantec™ Management Platform (formerly Altiris® Notification Server), an easily extensible, modular foundation that can provide basic hardware management or more advanced functions such as asset and security management. Dell Management Console helps reduce manual processes so less time and money can be spent keeping the lights on and more time can be spent on strategic uses of technology.
- Lifecycle Controller is the engine for advanced systems management integrated on the server. Lifecycle Controller is designed to simplify administrator tasks to perform a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This can eliminate the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- The Dell Unified Server Configurator delivers a single access point for secure, efficient and user-friendly infrastructure management. Embedded and integrated into the system, it provides quick and consistent access, excellent flexibility and advanced capabilities. With built-in driver installations, firmware updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics, the USC tool is a one-stop shop for operating system deployment.
Only Dell M-Series provides complete, snap-in FlexIO scalability down to the switch interconnects. FlexIO technology is the foundation of the M1000e I/O subsystem that has the flexibility you need to design today’s solution and the scalability you require to add or change data center options to meet future demands.
The M-Series enclosure supports a broad set of modular gigabit Ethernet (GbE), 10GbE and Enhanced Ethernet blade switches.
Dell's fully modular PowerConnect™ and Dell Force10™ switches provide great flexibility, with choices of 1Gb to 10Gb speeds, flexible modular uplinks of varying media types, and many other valuable features. The PowerConnect and Dell Force10 portfolio offers a selection of switches that can meet even the most extreme networking demands.
For Cisco Catalyst customers, Dell provides models that span from simple, no frills GbE to more capable models with stacking or even 10GbE uplinks. The more advanced switches feature Cisco's Virtual Blade Switch functionality, enabling you to interconnect up to nine switches to create a single logical switch, thereby simplifying data center management.
Brocade 8Gb Fibre Channel Switches provide powerful connectivity to Fibre Channel SANs, such as those offered by Dell/EMC. The M5424 includes 12-port and 24-port configurations as well as a performance pack for enhanced features and management.
For heterogeneous integration into any Fibre Channel network, the Brocade M5424 Fibre Channel switch can even be enabled in Access Gateway mode. Based on N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) functionality, Access Gateway mode delivers the cable aggregation benefits and cost savings offered by Dell’s M-Series blade solutions without separate management or configuration requirements.
For high-performance computing (HPC) or other environments requiring the highest bandwidth and lowest latency available, the M-Series offers InfiniBand™ switches and adapter cards. Dell offers chassis-integrated quad data rate (QDR) and fourteen data rate (FDR) InfiniBand switches from Mellanox, with speeds of up to 56Gbps. Each switch features 16 internal ports and 8 external ports to ensure the availability and redundancy needed for the most demanding applications.
FlexIO for M-Series: Delivering the speed you need, when you need it.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.