- 6Gb SAS
- AC: 1755W
- Server controller dependent
Maximum Usable Capacity
- 3.5”drive capacity
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB1, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB
SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU);
800GB, 1.6TB (RI) (available with 3.5” HDD carriers)
15K RPM SAS: 146GB*, 300GB*, 600GB*
10K RPM SAS: 146GB, 300GB*, 600GB*, 900GB*, 1.2TB*, 1.8TB
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB*, 1TB*, 2TB
SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI)
3.5” 10K and 15K HDDs are not supported on the dense model
Dual Enclosure Management Modules (EMMs)
Requires a two port host bus adapter (HBA).
- Form factor
4U rack enclosure
(height x width x depth)177.8mm (7.0”) x 482.6mm (19.0”) x 825.5mm (32.5”)
105.20 kg (232.0 lb)
- Dell PowerEdge R630, R730 and the R730xd servers
- OS Support
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2,
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5,
Ubuntu® 12.04 LTS, and Debian 7.4
- Expansion capabilities
Up to 4 dense enclosures behind a single server (240 HDDs)
- Drive type
3.5" and 2.5" SAS, NL-SAS, SSD, SED
Maximum HA host
Affordable density for Dell serversWhen it comes to expanding DAS in your server deployment, there are several important questions to consider:
- How much space do you need?
- How quickly you can add more storage?
- How can you add capacity while keeping power and cooling costs under control?
Reliable, versatile performance
Capacity based on your designEasily scale with versatile enclosure options, drive types and operating system choices, and have the flexibility to design solutions for your specific needs. The MD3060e is a modular platform that allows you to add or reconfigure enclosures, as your workloads require.
- Mix and match SAS, NL-SAS HDDs or SSDs to optimize performance or capacity.
- Hot-swap drives, fans, enclosure management modules (EMMs) and power supplies for quick modifications and maintenance.
- Hosting companies that need affordable and dense storage
- Work groups within a large IT organization, such as an R&D department
- Universities or government agencies with high performance computing (HPC) deployments that require high-density storage
- High-bandwidth or modular infrastructures, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and video surveillance
- Financial institutions that need to process volumes of data without increasing their data center footprint