Heavy-duty processing and graphics performance
Innovative, durable designWaves MaxxAudio Pro: Raise the sound quality of audio files played on your workstation’s speakers or your headphones with this suite of audio tools.
Intel® vPro™/AMT systems management: Remotely manage and update your Dell Precision fleet with optional next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology.*
Four USB 3.0 ports: Transfer files quickly with the speed of USB 3.0.
Strong materials: Your Dell Precision workstation has an aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis that has been subjected to MIL-STD 810G testing to ensure durability.
Easy Eject Drive Bay: Quickly remove your hard drive and swap it with another or store it separately for security reasons with the tool-free, easy eject primary drive bay.*
Top-notch securityFrom cyber threats to accidental system loss, the Dell Precision M4800 gives you confidence that your critical data is protected by the latest technologies.
- Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace.
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on (SSO) and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies.
- A FIPS 140-2-certified TPM is available for secure credential storage, and Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
- Add the highest level of data protection with FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives.
Long battery life
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor
Essential accessories for your Dell Precision M4800Complete your mobile workstation with an E-Port Plus Replicator for easy connections to desktop accessories, a wireless keyboard and mouse, dual monitor stand and high-performance monitor. Look for these great products and more at checkout.
E-Port Plus Advanced Replicator
|Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand|
Optimize your dual monitor setup to
improve productivity and reduce desktop clutter.
Dell UltraSharp U2413 24" Monitor with PremierColor
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, Dell ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor (2.60GHz, 3M cache)
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4600M Processor (2.9 GHz, 4M cache, Upgradable to Intel vPro technology)
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz, 6M cache)
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Processor (2.70GHz, 6M cache, Upgradable to Intel vPro™ technology)
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ Processor (2.80GHz, 8M cache, Upgradable to Intel vPro™ technology)
- 4th Gen Intel Core i7-4930MX Proc(Extreme 3.0GHz, 8M cache, Upgradable to Intel vPro technology)
- Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit (English) (EMRP)
- Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-bit (English), No Media
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, English, No Media
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, English (Includes Windows 8 Pro license and media)
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Traditional Chinese (Includes Windows 8 Pro license and media)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 6 with 1 year standard support from Red Hat
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 6 with 3 year standard support from Red Hat
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 6 with 5 year standard support from Red Hat
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04 SP1
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3L
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L
- 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L
- 16GB (4x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3L
- 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L
- Mobile Intel® QM87 Express
- Graphics Options*:
AMD FirePro M5100 Mobility Pro with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K1100M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K2100M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- DVD-ROM; Slot load DVD+/-RW; Blu-ray Disc™ writer; Optical bay caddy for additional hard drive or solid state drive (Blu-ray Disc writer only available for Windows 8)
- Wired: Integrated Intel 82579M/V 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN & Bluetooth:
Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 (802.11n 3x3 half Mini-Card)
Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 7260 (802.11ac+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card) – coming soon
Dell Wireless 1550 (802.11 a/c+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card)
- Security Options*:
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM)
FIPS Certified TPM (for Windows 7 based system)
FIPS certified self encrypting drive
FIPS certified fingerprint reader
I/O Interface Security
Intel Anti-Theft Protection (iATP)
Contact SmartCard reader
Contactless SmartCard reader
standard or Dell Data Protection | Security Tools
Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace
Dell Data Protection| Encryption
- Dual integrated high quality speakers and dual integrated noise cancelling digital array microphones standard
Waves MaxxAudio® Pro suite of advanced audio enhancement tools
Optional, integrated, light sensitive HD video webcam with Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Slots: 1 full and 2 half Mini-Card slots
Standard I/O Ports
1 - Lock Slot
2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone
1 - Headphone
1 - 9-in-1 media card reader*
1 - SmartCard reader (optional)
1 - 54mm ExpressCard slot
1 - VGA
1 - RJ-45
1 - eSATA / USB 2.0
1 - HDMI
2 - USB 3.0
1 - DisplayPort
1 - Wireless switch
Materials: aluminum and magnesium alloy
Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.29-1.37" x 14.80" x 10.08"; 36.25mm-39.9mm x 376mm x 256mm
Weight*: starts at 6.35lbs; 2.88kg (with 6-cell battery, airbay and optional mSATA)
Power: 180W AC adapter
Full size keyboard with number pad protected by an anti-microbial coating standard; backlit optional
Multi-touch touchpad with three buttons; track stick with three buttons
Monitors: Dell's award winning UltraSharp Monitors; Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand
Docking: Dell E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicator
Keyboard and mouse: Dell Multimedia Keyboard
Carrying Case: Timbuk2® Breakout Premium Messenger Case;Targus Drifter II Backpack
- 6-cell (65Wh) with ExpressCharge™; 9-cell (97Wh) with ExpressCharge™
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Environmental and Regulatory
Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: BFR/PVC free*; ENERGY STAR® qualified, EPEAT® Registered*; China - RoHS, CECP,CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service
Warranty and Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty*: Standard 3-year Next Business Day On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis*.
Optional 3 year Dell ProSupport* offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability.