The ultimate 17.3" ISV-certified mobile performance
Professionals who need workstation performance for their most demanding applications.
Productive mobilityNo matter where work takes you, the enhanced usability and robust feature set of the Dell Precision™ M6600 enables you to accomplish more in less time.
- Stay productive in low-light environments with the optional backlit keyboard.
- Keep in touch while on the move with a broad range of wireless* options, including wireless LAN, mobile broadband, WiMAX™ and Bluetooth®.
- Conveniently carry all your digital assets; up to 1.6TB* of storage with dual hard drives and solid-state (SSD) Mini Card options.
- Help protect your most valuable asset, your intellectual property, with optional Dell DataSafe™ Encryption, fingerprint reader, System Track protection and recovery service.
Steadfast dependabilityDesigned for professionals who demand strength and reliability, the Dell Precision™ M6600 is constructed for a long life of dependable service and, if needed, serviceability that’s easy to depend on:
- ISV certification to ensure established software reliability for demanding applications.
- Rigid and durable aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis with a sleek professional design.
- Compatibility with all Dell E-family docking options.
- Robust manageability options, including Intel® vPro™, to help keep operations running smoothly and IT costs down.
- Quick removal bottom door for easy access to the system’s critical components.
- Help prevent data loss from system drops with the integrated Fast Response Free Fall Sensor.
- Designed for durability and MIL-STD-810G tested for extreme temperatures, vibration, dust, altitude and shock.
Service that goes beyond your expectations
Rest assured that your Precision mobile workstation will be well covered should an issue arise. Dell can get you up and running quickly and help you stay productive with responsive service and technicians.
Optional Custom Factory Integration (CFI)
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express
- AMD FirePro M8900 Mobility Pro with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro 3000M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro 4000M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro 5010M with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- 43.9cm(17.3") HD+(1600x900) Dell UltraSharp™ display: anti-glare, LED-backlit, Premium Panel Guarantee
43.9cm(17.3") FHD(1920x1080) Dell UltraSharp™ multi-touch display: LED-backlit, supports stylus / four finger simultaneous touch, Premium Panel Guarantee
43.9cm(17.3") FHD(1920x1080) Dell UltraSharp™ display: wide view, anti-glare, LED-backlit, Premium Panel Guarantee7
- DVD-ROM; Slot load DVD+/-RW; Blu-ray Disc™ writer
- Communication Options :
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMax
Intel Centrino® Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250
Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 3x3
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- Lock slot
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2)
I/O Interface Security
Intel Anti-Theft Protection option (iATP)
Optional Contactless SmartCard reader
Standard or FIPS certified fingerprint reader
FIPS certified hardware-based full disk encryption
- Dual integrated high quality speakers and dual integrated noise cancelling digital array microphones
Optional, integrated, light sensitive HD video webcam with Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Port Replicators: E-Port Plus port replicator; Simple E-Port port replicator; E-Legacy Extender legacy port replicator
Stands: E-View Laptop Stand; E-Series Basic Monitor Stand; E-Series Flat Panel Monitor Stand
Anti-microbial keyboard with number pad: standard or optional backlit
Multi-touch touchpad with three buttons; track stick with three buttons
Four finger multi-touch and stylus display option
Aluminum and magnesium alloy
Weight & Dimensions:
Starting weight: 7.77lbs; 3.5kg
2 full and 2 half Mini-Card slots
Standard I/O Ports:
Left Rear Right 1 - Lock Slot 1 - VGA 2 - USB 3.0 2 - USB 2.0 1 - RJ-45 1 - DisplayPort 1 - IEEE 1394 1 - eSATA / USB 2.0 1 - Wireless switch 1 - Microphone 1 - HDMI 1 - Headphone 1 - 10-in-1 media card reader* 1 - SmartCard reader 1 - 54mm ExpressCard slot
*Media reader supports: SD, SD-XC, plus legacy - SD, SDIO, MMC, XD, MS, MS Pro, Mini-MMC, MMC+
- Power Supply:
240W AC adapter
9-cell (97Wh); 9-cell (87Wh) 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty5
- Environmental standards (eco-labels) include:- ENERGY STAR® 5.0, EPEAT Gold; China - RoHS, CECP, CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE;
Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Introducing Dell ProSupportFaster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell ProSupport Service Model
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
|Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. Includes: |
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks. Includes: |
Next, further customize your support solution by taking advantage of the Dell ProSupport Options below that align to how you use your technology.
|Speed of Response||Protection|
|Same-Day Response* - Ideal for customers using their Dell systems for time-sensitive operations or critical business functions. A Dell-trained technician will arrive onsite within 4 hours after problem determination, depending on location, to help get your system back in operation as rapidly as possible.||Keep Your Hard Drive* - Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.|
|Basic Hardware Warranty|
Your Dell™ Precision™ comes with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty with Next Business Day On-site Service*. The Limited Warranty provides Hardware Technical Phone and 24x7 On-Line Support.
|Customisation and Set-Up|
NEW! Advanced Configuration Services
During the purchase process, quickly and easily modify and customize the standard operating system image and computer configurations of the systems you're ordering.
Custom Factory Integration
Take delivery of new Dell workstations with your customized software images pre-installed. Let us build your servers with non-standard Dell hardware. The asset tagging option helps you track and manage systems throughout their life.
Training and Certification
Get more out of your Dell workstation with Dell's vast array of online and instructor-led classes. Dell Certification programs can give you the knowledge and expertise required to install, configure, manage and monitor Dell networking solutions as well as hardware maintenance accreditations for both client and enterprise systems.
Dell Precision M6600
A 5 star rating by Borrax : "... this is my first laptop. or more correctly, mobile workstation, and dell is very careful in referring to this computer as such... great machine if you do design work and occasionally/frequently travel professionally ..." Read full review