Performance and efficiency in a cost-effective solution
The Mellanox® M2401G InfiniBand Switch Blade provides a high-bandwidth, low-latency InfiniBand solution that incorporates Dell™ blade servers and Mellanox products.
- Low-latency, low-power fabric for enterprise data centres and high-performance computing (HPC) environments
- Nonblocking architecture that ensures full 20Gb/s bidirectional bandwidth on all 24 ports
- Advanced scheduling engine that supports quality of service (QoS) for up to nine traffic classes
- Infrastructure reduction
- I/O (input/output) consolidation
- Virtualisation acceleration
World-Class Price and PerformanceThe Mellanox M2401G 20-Gb/s InfiniBand Switch Blade for Dell PowerEdge™ M1000e-series Blade Enclosures provides a high-bandwidth, low-latency, low-power fabric for enterprise data center and HPC environments.
Based on the third-generation InfiniScale III InfiniBand switch device, the platform delivers an ideal balance between cost and performance. When used in conjunction with ConnectX® InfiniBand dual port I/O cards, clustered databases, parallelized applications and transactional services, applications will achieve significant performance improvements resulting in reduced completion time and lower cost per operation.
The 24-port switch blade supports up to 16 server blades while providing eight ports for connecting to a larger InfiniBand fabric. The non-blocking architecture ensures that each port provides the full 20 Gb/s of bidirectional bandwidth while the advanced scheduling engine supports quality of service for up to nine traffic classes.
High AvailabilityThe M2401G delivers director-class availability required for mission-critical applications environments. When fully populated, the PowerEdge M1000e chassis can support up to four M2401G Switch Blades for maximum server throughput and redundancy. The switch blade is hot-swappable, enabling expansion without server interruption.
Easy ManagementThe M2401G is easily managed through any InfiniBand Trade Association (IBTA)-compliant subnet manager. Mellanox recommends installing and running Mellanox OpenFabrics software stack on each server blade. Any server can then run the subnet manager along with the switch management tools.
Port configuration and data paths can be set up automatically or customized to meet the needs of the application. Firmware can be updated in-band for simple network maintenance.
- 24 auto-negotiating 10Gb or 20Gb/s InfiniBand ports
16 internal server ports
Up-to 8 external microGiGaCN connector ports for use with uplink cables
Passive copper cable
Optical media adapter and active cable support
Port and system status LED indicators
Per port status LEDs: Link, Activity
System status LEDs: System status, power
Hot-swappable, enabling expansion without server interruption
Support for up-to four switch blade modules per M1000e blade chassis
- Non-blocking architecture ensures simultaneous wire-speed (any port to any port) with bi-directional bandwidth
Switch Fabric Capacity 960 Gb/s
Up to 16K Multicase Addresses per Subnet
Up-to 48K Unicast Addresses Max per Subnet
Quality of Service
- Advanced scheduling engine supports quality of service for up to 9 traffic classes
9 virtual lanes
- IBTA Specification 1.2 compliant
Integrated subnet manager agent
Linear forwarding table
256 to 4Kbyte MTU
48K entry linear forwarding data base
- Diagnostic and debug tools
Unmanaged switch supports Open SM or third-party subnet managers
NOTE: Mellanox OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED) software stack contains a subnet manager along with switch management tools
- 272.50 x 29.45 x 255.20 mm (H x W x D)
10.73 x 1.16 x 10.04 inches
Approximate weight: 1.5 Kg fully configured
USA: FCC, Class A
Canada: ICES, Class A
EU: EN55022, Class A
EU: EN55024, Class A
EU: EN61000-3-2, Class A
EU: EN61000-3-3, Class A
Japan: VCCI, Class A
Korea: RRL (MIC), Class A
EU: IEC 60068-2-64: Random Vibration
EU: IEC 60068-2-29: Shocks, Type I / II
EU: IEC 60068-2-32: Fall Test
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 0º C to 50º C
Operating Relative Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
MAXIMUM POWER CONSUMPTION
Dissipated power: 36.8W
Power through connector: 13.2W (1.65 W per port)
Dell ProSupportFaster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell ProSupport Service Model
Dell ProSupport for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®.
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-Track Dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
Next, add Same-Day Response for faster resolution:
Same-Day Response — Ideal for customers using their Dell systems for time-sensitive operations or critical business functions. A Dell-trained technician will arrive on-site within 4 hours after problem determination, depending on location, to help get your system back in operation as rapidly as possible.
Lifetime Limited Warranty*
Select PowerConnect products carry a lifetime limited hardware warranty* with Basic Hardware Service for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service and support provided by Dell ProSupport services.
Customization and Set Up
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either Same Day, 4 Hours or Next Business Day response.