Dense, performance-optimized compute node
Drive demanding HPC and scale-out workloads with a flexible platform that offers up to 4 dual-socket servers and high-capacity storage in a 2U rack.
- Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors including integrated Omni-Path fabric processors; up to 205W processors and 28 cores per processor
- Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS Citrix® XenServer®
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi
16 DIMM slots for up to 512GB per sled, 8GB/16GB/32GB DDR4 2666MT/s RDIMMs ECC Registered DDR4
- Hard Drives:
300/600/900GB 2.5" 15K 12Gb SAS Drives
600GB/1.2TB/1.8TB 2.5" 10K 12Gb SAS Drives
1TB/2TB 2.5" 7.2K 12Gb SAS Drives
1TB/2TB/4TB/8TB/10TB 3.5" 7.2K 12Gb SAS/ 6Gbps SATA Drives
Solid State Drives:
120GB 2.5" 6Gbps SATA Boot SSD
480GB/960GB/1.92TB/3.84TB 6Gbps SATA Read Intensive SSDs
960GB/1.92TB/3.84TB 12Gbps SAS Read Intensive SSDs
240GB/480GB/960GB/1.92TB 6Gbps SATA Mixed Use SSDs
400GB/480GB/960GB/1.6TB/1.92TB 12Gbps SAS Mixed Used SSDs
400GB/800GB 12Gbps SAS Write Intensive SSDs
FIPS-140 Self Encrypting Hard Drives:
1.2TB 2.5" 10K 12Gb SAS FIPS-140 SED
2TB 2.5" 7.2K 12Gb SAS FIPS-140 SED
4TB/8TB 12Gbps SAS FIPS-140 SED
800GB/1.6TB Mixed Use 2.5” NVMe SSDs and PCIe adapter cards
86.8mm x 448mm x 790mm
Weight (Maximum system configuration):
3.5” Direct Backplane Chassis: 43.62 Kg
2.5” Direct/Expander/NVMe Backplane Chassis: 41.46 Kg
No Backplane Chassis: 34.56 Kg
- PowerEdge Secure Boot, System Erase, System Lockdown, Drift Detection, BIOS and OS Recovery, Active Directory/LDAP, two-factor authentication (TFA), SSH with Public Key Authentication (PKA), TLS 1.2, SNMP v3, Self-Encrypting and Instant Secure Erase (ISE) Drives
- Rear ports: 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 Micro USB port for iDRAC Direct
One x16 PCIe Gen3 riser (low profile, half height and half length)
One x8 PCIe Gen3 Mezzanine (for storage controller)
One x16 PCIe Gen3 OCP Mezzanine (for network controller)
One x16 PCIe Gen3 riser (for M.2 Boot Device)
- Dual Hot-plug redundant and non-redundant 1600W AC Power Supply
Dual Hot-plug redundant 2000W and 2400W AC Power Supply
Cooling options: Air Cooling, Direct Liquid Cooling (DLC)
- S140 Software RAID with Intel C620 Chipset SATA controller (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10)
RAID using PERC H330 Mezzanine (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50), PERC H730p Mezzanine (RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60)
Non RAID: HBA330 Mezzanine, 12Gbps SAS LP PCIe HBA
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Enterprise (coming soon)
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
Microsoft® System Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus (coming soon)
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition (coming soon)
Get an IT services platform that helps scale efficiently and predictably while drastically reducing complexity. The PowerEdge C6420 offers up to 4 independent hot-swappable 2-socket servers in a very dense 2U package. Plenty of compute, memory, storage, connectivity and chassis options let you configure servers for specific workloads.
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that can increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
- Use system erase of local storage to help insure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.