High port count Gigabit Ethernet switching 48-port blade switch
The PowerConnect™ M6348 delivers increased port density valuable to blades utilizing virtualization in today’s data centers.
- 32 internal Gigabit Ethernet server ports (two per server blade)
- 16 external integrated RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Stacking for up to twelve systems
- Supports CX4 and SFP+ 10GE uplink connections
Dell’s advanced 48 port blade switch offering
I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Quad Port Mezzanine Card
Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Mezzanine Card
- See M1000e Modular Server Enclosure Owner’s Manual
- 267 x 258 x 31mm (W x D x H)
10.5" x 10.2" x 1.2"
Approximate weight: 2.7kg, 5.8 lbs
- Supports a simple switch mode to allow auto configuration of complex network settings
- Web-based management interface
- Industry-standard CLI accessible via Telnet, SSH or Local Serial Port
- SNMPv1, SNMP v2c and SNMPv3 supported
- 4 RMON groups supported (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- FTP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP and SCP transfers of firmware and configuration files
- Dual Firmware images on-board
- Multiple Configuration file upload/download supported
- Statistics for error monitoring and performance optimization including port summary tables
- BootP/DHCP IP address and configuration management supported
- Syslog remote logging capabilities
- Temperature sensors for environmental monitoring
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 0º C to 45º C
Storage Temperature: -20º C to 70º C
Operating Relative Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
Storage Relative Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Dell ProSupportFaster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell™ ProSupport™ to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell ProSupport for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
- 7x24 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell expert centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
Next, add Same-day Response for faster resolution:
Same-day Response — Ideal for customers using their Dell systems for time-sensitive operations or critical business functions. A Dell-trained technician will arrive onsite within 4 hours after problem determination, depending on location, to help get your system back in operation as rapidly as possible.
Basic Hardware Warranty
- One year unit exchange limited hardware warranty supplemented with one year of Next Business Day part or unit hardware replacement
- 7-day/24-hour Telephone Technical Support for troubleshooting and diagnosis of Dell hardware
Customization and Set-Up
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same day, 4 Hours or Next Business Day response.