Customize at the workload level
Tailor infrastructure to the job with compact blocks of server, storage and networking that neatly combine in the PowerEdge FX2 2U rack chassis.
- Hot-plug PSUs: Platinum rated – 2400W or 2000W, or 1600WAC in 1+1 redundant, redundancy alerting only, 2+0 non-redundant configurations.
- 8 hot-swappable fans provide cooling to the I/O components in the system
- OpenManage Enterprise(Available soon)
OpenManage Power Center
Integrations and Connections
- OpenManage Integrations:
Microsoft® System Center
BMC Software(available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
Oracle Enterprise Manager
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
I/O and Ports
- 2 pass-through module or choice of 3 FN I/O Modules:
Dell PowerEdge FN410s 4-ports SFP+ provides 4 ports of SFP+ 10GbE connectivity. Supports optical and DAC cable media.
Dell PowerEdge FN410t 4-port 10Gb Base-T provides 4 ports of 10GBASE-T connectivity. Supports cost effective copper media up to 100 meters.
Dell PowerEdge FN2210s 4-port Combination Fibre Channel/Ethernet delivers up to 2 ports of 2/4/8Gbps Fibre Channel bandwidth (NPG mode and full fabric services and 2 ports of SFP+10GbE.) Also delivers up to 4 ports SFP+ 10GbE (with reboot).
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
2U chassis in height
H: 8.68 cm (3.41 in)
W: 43.35 cm (17.06 in) without rack ears; 48.19 cm (18.97 in) with rack ears
D: 85.16 cm (33.52 in)
Server sled options
PowerEdge FC830: 4-socket, full-width 1U server sled, up to 2 FC830 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC640: 2-socket, half-width 1U server sled; up to 4 FC640 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC630: 2-socket, half-width 1U server sled, up to 4 FC630 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC430: 2-socket, quarter-width 1U server sled, up to 8 FC430 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FD332 storage block: Half-width: up to 3 FD332 per FX2 chassis for support of up to 16 x SFF 2.5" storage devices, up to 48 SFF devices in an FX2 chassis
- Uses Embedded Chassis Management Controller to manage all resources (server nodes, storage, networking and power) with a unified management tool, presented in a single console
Offers both local and remote management
Available with either Enterprise or Express CMC licensing
Server nodes each contain proven iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller for agent-free systems management, fully supported in the OpenManage product portfolio
I/O Expansion Slots
- Two versions of the FX2 chassis: one supports up to 8 low-profile/half-length PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, and the other, a lower-cost alternative that does not offer expansion slots.
Tailor your data center to your workloadsRedefine data center agility with the revolutionary FX architecture. The FX2 modular 2U rack chassis allows you to incrementally add or swap compact, modular IT building blocks, including servers, storage and IO, to fit any computing environment.
- More choice, less complexity: Simplify building and managing data centers and private clouds by bringing advanced management technologies to modular infrastructure.
- Right size your IT: Easily and rapidly scale the resources your workloads and business require.
- Fit the infrastructure to the job: Tailor infrastructure precisely, with the right, power, storage and connectivity to meet specific workload needs.
Chassis flexibility boosts efficiencyThe shared cooling, power, networking, management and PCIe expansion slots in the FX2 chassis service a wide range of server/storage combinations, enabling higher granularity and greater efficiency in your IT resource management.
The flexible multi-fabric IO design allows FX servers to efficiently handle all types of storage traffic — SAN, DAS and NAS — with a design optimized for the DAS/vSAN storage environments. The FX2 chassis also features a distinctive Dell EMC PCIe fabric that can free you from proprietary limitations and enable you to accelerate performance.
Choose your managementManage FX servers individually as you would with traditional rack servers to integrate easily into your server management methodology, or choose managing FX servers collectively using Dell EMC Chassis Management Controller (CMC) to manage both servers and chassis components. View and manage up to 20 separate FX systems from a single CMC console for simplified collective management, using either the comprehensive Enterprise or entry-level Express CMC license options.
Simplify provisioning and management
Provision for virtually any workloadImplement an unprecedented level of IT infrastructure density, allowing more services using fewer resources, resulting in overall lower costs and better workload performance to:
- Provide highly available web services or dedicated hosting that need dense processing resources and discrete physical domains.
- Drive business-critical applications, from business analytics to demanding high-performance computing (HPC), online transaction processing (OLTP), online analytical processing (OLAP) and anything-as-a-service (XaaS).
- Run private clouds, databases and virtualization environments that require high-performance storage and server processing.