- Refer to the PERC RAID Card details for supported Operating Systems
- Support for the following configurations:
Unified mode (single path) for daisy chaining of up to 8 enclosures per PERC H810 (4 enclosures per port, single path)
Unified mode (redundant path) for daisy chaining up to 4 enclosures per PERC H810 (4 enclosures connected to both ports via redundant path cabling)
Split mode with dual Enclosure Management Modules providing direct connectivity to drives 0 through 11 and a separate connectivity to drives 12 through 23.
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with maximum temp gradation of 10°C per hour
Storage: -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F) with temp gradation of 20°C per hour
Supports Fresh Air cooling, up to 35 degrees Celsius
Operating: 8% to 85% (non-condensing) with maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: -16 to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
- Two fully redundant power supplies; supports DC power
Wattage: AC - 600 W; DC - 700 W
Heat dissipation: AC - 2047 BTU/hr; DC - 2388 BTU/hr
Voltage: 100-240VAC; 48V DC
Amperage: 8.6 A at 100 V, 4.3 A at 240 V
Available Hard Drive Power (per slot)
Supported drive power consumption (continuous):
up to 1.2 A at +5V
up to 0.5 A +12V
- Enclosure Management Modules (EMM)
2 EMM modules provide redundant enclosure management capability
Up to twenty-four (24) 2.5-inch hot-pluggable SAS Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) at 7.2K, 10K, 15K rpm and SAS Solid State Drives (SSDs).
Drive performances and capacities
2.5” 6Gbps SAS:
HDD 15K – 146GB, 300GB, 600GB
HDD 10K – 300GB, 600GB, 900GB, 1.2GB
HDD 10K 512e – 1.8TB
HDD 7.2K – 500GB, 1TB
SSD – 200GB, 800GB value SLC
SSD – 400GB mainstream SLC
SSD – 800GB RI MLC
SSD – 200GB, 400GB WI SLC
SSD – 2TB eMLC
2.5” 12Gbps SAS
HDD 15K – 600GB
HDD 7.2K NL-SAS 512e – 2TB
SSD – 200GB, 400GB, 800GB 1.6TB MU MLC
SSD – 200GB, 400GB, 800GB WI MLC
SSD – 800GB, 1.6TB RI MLC
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)
Up to 48TB when using 24 x 2TB NL-SAS 2.5" HDDs
PERC H810 enables expansion to 8 enclosures, 4 per port
8.7cm (3.43 inches)
48.2cm (18.98 inches)
54.1 (21.30 inches)
23.31 kg (51 lb) (maximum configuration)
8.61 kg (19 lb) (empty)
- PERC H800 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
See PERC H800 server compatability matrix for a list of currently supported servers
- SAS connectors (per EMM)
1 SAS (SFF 8088) "IN" connector for connection to the host
1 SAS (SFF 8088) "OUT" connector for expansion to an additional enclosure
Serial connector (per EMM)
1 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector (for factory use only)
- Front panel
1 two-color LED indicator for system status
2 single-color LED indicators for power and split mode
1 single-color activity LED
1 two-color LED status indicator per drive
3 two-color LED status indicators: one for each of the EMM SAS ports and one for the EMM status
1 single-color Unit Identification LED for each EMM
Power supply/cooling fan module
3 LED status indicators for Power supply/cooling fan fault, AC power, and DC power
PowerVault MD1220 is a direct-attached, energy-efficient storage expansion enclosure that provides the performance to satisfy demanding applications.
Expansion for Performance-Intensive, Single-Server Applications
Satisfying Even the Most Performance-Hungry ApplicationsThe PowerVault MD1220 direct-attached storage array offers compelling performance.
- 6Gb/s SAS: With improved throughput from the last-generation, the PowerVault MD1220 can satisfy even the most performance-intensive applications, such as Web hosting, database and e-mail.
- Solid State Drives: Pair the increased IOPs and throughput of 6Gb/s SAS with support for solid state drives (SSD), an ideal solution for applications that rely on random block access.
- Automatic I/O Load Balancing: Further optimizing the performance of the PowerVault MD1220, the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter has automatic I/O balancing between the server and storage array. The PERC H810 can detect when a single path starts to get saturated and then balance the I/O traffic across both paths.
- The PowerVault MD1220 can deliver the speed, performance and reliability to satisfy performance intensive single server applications that store active and frequently changing information.
Your Energy-Conscious Storage
Leveraging the PERC H810 RAID ControllerThe PowerVault™ MD1220 leverages the latest PCI Express 2.0 interface, offering excellent performance for enterprise.
The configuration of the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter helps to increase reliability and fault tolerance by enabling the software to recognize the entire array as a single unit, regardless of how many disks are activated for storage in the array. With the PERC H810, customers can choose the RAID option that supports their application. The PERC H810 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
Dell™ PowerVault MD1220 storage array is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge™ servers. Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager Software can manage both the external array and internal storage within the server itself. See PERC H810 server compatibility matrix for a list of currently supported servers.
Streamlining storage management through a single, common interface helps reduce resource load on the system, and is easier to navigate for the user as well. The PowerVault MD1220 utilizes the same 2.5-inch drives as PowerEdge servers, and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1200, helping to reduce the number of spares required.