The Brocade® 5000 Fibre Channel switch combines up to 32 ports of industry-leading 4 Gbit/sec performance with high availability and Ports on Demand to support mission-critical SANs.
With a flexible architecture that supports auto-sensing 1, 2, and 4 Gbit/sec technology with 16, 24, or 32 ports in a 1U package, the 5000 provides excellent value at an affordable price point. As a result, even small organizations can achieve the levels of performance and availability typically associated with much larger enterprises.
To order, please contact your Dell Sales representative.
HighlightsThe Brocade 5000 is a 32-port, 4-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch for midrange and enterprise SANs.
Fast, Reliable 4-Gbit/sec Performance
- Up to 256 Gbit/sec of aggregated throughput
- Up to 32 ports capable of 4-Gbit/sec full-duplex performance at distances up to 100 km (500 km at 1 Gbit/sec)
- Up to 32-Gbit/sec throughput with Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking
- Exchange-based dynamic path selection for load balancing between trunk groups
- Fabric Shortest Path First (FSPF) traffic rerouting
- Nondisruptive software upgrades (hot code load and activation)
- Redundant, hot-swappable components, fans and power supplies
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Hardware-enforced zoning by World Wide Name (WWN)
- Brocade WEB TOOLS utilization over a secure browser using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Full forward and backward compatibility for changing SAN environments
- Integration with heterogeneous environments: Windows, Windows NT, UNIX, AIX, Linux and Solaris
|SMB - PowerVault Storage|
|Dell ProSupport – Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets. |
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport |
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
|Dell ProSupport for IT |
Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical* – Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour onsite* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.|
|Data Management and Protection |
|Proactive Maintenance – Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.|
Remote Advisory Options – Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, virus remediation and more.
|Customization and Set-Up|
|EDT Installation |
Enhanced installation and configuration with Dell professional project management and documentation. A project manager will be acting as the single-point-of-contact for the entire installation project from pre-site audit to co-ordination of the installation and delivery of post-project documentation.
|Comprehensive Training |
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.