Concentrate your computing and capacity.
Maximize data center efficiency with an ultra-dense virtualization or database engine that supports up to 24 flash SSDs in a 1U chassis.
PowerEdge R630 Rack Server
- Starting Price $6986.00
- Instant Savings $2724.54
- Subtotal $4261.46
Tax & Shipping NOT includedPowerEdge R630 Rack Server
- PowerEdge R630 Server
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v4 2.1GHz,20M Cache,8.0GT/s QPI,Turbo,HT,8C/16T (85W) Max Mem 2133MHz
- No Operating System
- 8GB RDIMM, 2400MT/s, Single Rank, x8 Data Width
- RAID 0 for H330/H730/H730P (1-24 HDDs or SSDs)
- 600GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
- 39 Months ProSupport and NBD On-site Service
Power your workloads with uncompromising density
The processor and memory density as well as storage flexibility of up to 24 x 1.8" flash SSDs or 10 x 2.5" HDDs (with an option to replace four HDDs with four PCIe SSDs) provides an ideal solution for large-scale transactional and analytical processing solutions, such as Oracle and SQL.
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs.
Power communication and collaboration
Ensure continuous accessThe R630 can be easily configured as a reliable, general-purpose server for business-critical applications, with automated management and high-availability features, such as:
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, multiple internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.
Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Monitor and manage from anywhereAdminister systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Stocking the future-ready data centerWith high-performance processing, large memory capacity and innovative local storage options offering greater scalability throughout the portfolio, the latest generation of PowerEdge servers meets your needs today, with the hardware, headroom and simplified management to adapt as your workloads demand.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5 2600 v4 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- Up to 1.5TB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400MT/s
- Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 24 x 1.8” SATA SSD
Up to 10 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, Up to 4 NVMe PCIe
Up to 8 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA
- The 24 x 1.8” drive and 10 x 2.5” drive configurations have the following dimensions:
Form Factor: 1U
H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) x W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) x D: 75.51 cm (29.72 in.)
The 8 x 2.5” drive configuration has the following dimensions:
Form Factor: 1U
H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) D: 70.05 cm (27.57 in.)
- ECC memory
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant cooling
Hot-plug redundant power
Internal Dual SD Module
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
- 1100W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
1100W DC, 86 mm
750W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
750W AC, 86 mm (Titanium)
495W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
PERC S130 (SW RAID),
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBA
- Intel C610 series chipset
- HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, NVMe PCIe
24 x 1.8” SSD – up to 23TB via 0.96TB hot-plug SATA SSD
10 x 2.5” – up to 18TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
8 x 2.5” – up to 14TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
- 2 CPUs, 3 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 3: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
2CPUs, 2 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
1CPU, 2 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector
Dedicated RAID card slot
- 4 x 1Gb, 2 x 1Gb + 2 x 10Gb, 4 x 10Gb
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant;
Dell OpenManage Essentials; Dell OpenManage Mobile;
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage for Oracle Database Manager
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller,
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade)16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
iDRAC Quick Sync
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, with Hyper-V®
VMware® vSphere® ESXi™
- Broadcom 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
QLogic 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
QLogic 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height