Compact, affordable and powerful
Get Workstation performance for about the price of a desktop with the Dell Precision™ T1700, available in two compact sizes that are perfect for any environment. Available with 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors. Fully customizable (optional).
Powerful performanceWhether you’re building 2D or 3D models or multitasking with demanding applications, the Dell Precision T1700 Workstation can power through intensive tasks easily.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 or 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors enable fast and stable processing.
- Choose Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8 Pro for easy productivity.
- Powerful graphics options include AMD FirePro™ or NVIDIA® Quadro® professional-grade discrete graphics. Integrated Intel® graphics are standard.
- Dell Precision Optimizer helps your professional software run at its peak performance automatically.
Built to be dependableThe Dell Precision T1700 has undergone extensive testing to ensure strong performance now and into the future.
- Optional Dell Data Protection | Security Tools and optional Dell Data Protection | Encryption help make Dell Precision T1700 a secure entry-level Workstation.
- Optional mirrored RAID provides redundancy and fast recovery in the event of a drive failure.
- Up to 32GB* of optional error-correcting code (ECC) memory corrects isolated soft-memory errors and provides a solid foundation for memory and system stability.
- Available self-encrypting drives (SEDs) can reduce security risks and unauthorized access to your data.
- Dell services, including Dell ProSupport,* can help you protect your hardware investment through a customizable suite of support options.
Smart design, now in two sizesThe Dell Precision T1700 is available in two sizes: a compact mini tower and one of the industry’s most compact small form factor (SFF) designs.
- The smallest Workstation in its class allows you to bring powerful performance to small spaces.
- Two front-mounted USB 3.0 ports enable fast data transfers and easy connectivity to your external media and accessories.
- ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualification makes the Dell Precision T1700 an energy-efficient part of your IT ecosystem.
- A conveniently placed handhold helps you deploy and position your Workstation with minimal hassle.
ISV certifiedThe Dell Precision T1700 is a true Workstation that’s compatible with leading independent software vendor (ISV)-certified applications for maximum uptime and productivity.
- An expanded set of ISV-certified applications ensures guaranteed software compatibility with your system and peak performance of your applications.
- Popular ISV-certified applications include AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo.
- Triple monitor support comes standard. Optional quad monitor support can enable even greater productivity.
Choose your accessories and services
Essential accessories for your Dell PrecisionComplete your Dell Precision T1700 with a high-performance monitor and space-saving monitor stand. Look for these great products and more at checkout.
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" Widescreen Monitor
Display over a billion colors in crystal-clear, Full HD resolution of 1920x1200.
Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand
Optimize your dual monitor setup to improve productivity and reduce desktop clutter.
ProSupport PlusUpgrade to ProSupport Plus – the only complete support that combines proactive resolution, automated prevention and protection for PCs and tablets.
- • Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (E3-1270 v3, E3-1245 v3, E3-1240 v3, E3-1225 v3, E3-1220 v3)
• Intel® Core™ i5 (4570)
• Intel® Core™ i7 (4770)
- Windows 7 Professional 32 bit (English)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (English)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (English)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (English)
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6.4 English 1 Year RHN
Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6.4 English 3 Year RHN
Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6.4 English 5 Year RHN
- • 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
• 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
• 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
• 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
• 8GB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
• 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
• 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
• 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
• 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- Intel® C226
Mini tower: Small form factor: Graphics one PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphic card up to 150W (total for graphics) (some cards available in dual config): one low profile PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphic card up to 50W (total for graphics): Mid-range 3D AMD FirePro W5000 Yes No NVIDIA® Quadro® K4000 Yes No NVIDIA Quadro K2000 Yes No Entry 3D AMD FirePro V4900 Yes No NVIDIA Quadro K600 Yes Yes Professional 2D (not ISV certified) AMD FirePro 2270 Yes Yes Intel HD Graphics P4600/4600* Yes Yes NVIDIA Quadro NVS™ 510 No Yes NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310 Yes Yes
- Integrated Realtek ALC269Q High Definition Audio
- Dell Precision T1700 Mini Tower (MT)
365W 90% efficient (80 Plus® Gold Certified); 290W 65% efficient
Dell Precision T1700 Small Form Factor (SFF)
255W 90% efficient (80 Plus® Gold Certified); 255W 65% efficient
- Dell Precision T1700 Mini Tower (MT)
HxWxD: 14.17" x 6.89" x 17.13" / 360mm x 175mm x 435mm
Bays : Two internal 3.5" bays; two external 5.25" optical bays
Slots : One PCIe x16 Gen 3; one PCIe x16 Gen 2 wired x4
2 - USB 2.0
2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone
1 - Headphone
1 - USB 2.0 (MT only)
2 - SATA 6.0Gb/s
2 - SATA 3.0Gb/s
4 - USB 2.0
2 - USB 3.0
2 - PS2
2 - DisplayPort
1 - VGA
1 - RJ45
1 - Serial
1 - Audio line-in / microphone
1 - Audio line-out
Dell UltraSharp series - Award-winning high-performance monitors with PremierColor (on select models) and ultrawide
viewing: 21.5"-30"; Dell Professional series monitors available: 17"-24". Dell Single Monitor Arm and Dual Monitor Stand.
Dell Smartcard Keyboard; Dell Business Multimedia Keyboard
Dell USB Optical Mouse; Dell Laser USB 6-Button Mouse
Dell 2.0 and 2.1 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays
Dell Precision T1700 Small Form Factor (SFF) heading
HxWxD : 11.42" x 3.65" x 12.28" / 290mm x 92.6mm x 312mm
Bays : One internal 3.5" bay (supports one 3.5" or two 2.5" drives); one external slimline optical bay
Slots : One PCIe x16 Gen 3; one PCIe x4 (open ended) wired x4
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2); Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot,
Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Dell Data Protection (DDP): DDP | Security Tools for advanced authentication; DDP |
Protected Workspace for malware; DDP | Encryption for data protection
- Environmental and Regulatory
ENERGY STAR® 5.2 configurations available including optional 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered
(see epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations
and certifications, see Dell’s regulatory and compliance homepage
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Warranty and Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty*, Standard 1-year On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis*
Optional: Optional Dell ProSupport and Dell ProSupport with Mission Critical offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability and same day business response options for mission critical situations*.
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
Dell ProSupport Plus is Dell’s premium support service that automates support for PCs and tablets* to prevent issues before they occur and quickly resolve issues when needed. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. ProSupport Plus combines 24x7 expert hardware and software support by ProSupport engineers, onsite* repair after remote diagnosis, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement to ensure data security*.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
|Customization and setup|
For fast, trouble-free installation of your system, including installing into a pre-built rack where applicable. For advanced installation requirements your Dell representative can provide a customised quotation.
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
With Dell Configuration Services, your company receives fully functional systems ready for use by end users or for installation in your data center.Dell Configuration Services can help remove the complexity and frustration associated with deploying new equipment. You avoid excessive downtime in deploying new systems and can eliminate the risks and unnecessary complexity associated with supporting nonstandard configurations in your environment.
Have your image loaded on your PCs prior to shipping. By allowing Dell Services to load your image as your systems are being built, you’ll be able to receive fully imaged laptops and desktops and minimize disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Want to be able to control and effectively manage the status of your computer equipment? Our asset tags and ship-box labels make identifying, tracking, securing and recovering your computers easier, simpler and more affordable.
Computrace by Absolute® Software helps your organization locate lost or stolen systems and protect the corporate data that resides on these machines. Computrace allows you to centrally manage your IT assets, identify missing assets and enforce software policies. In the event of loss or theft – Computrace One can help recover the asset.
Allows customization and personalization of BIOS information for your organisation . An automated way to save time and effort creating basic system settings. Provides additional security and change control.
Hard Drive Partitioning
Minimize the risk of damaging crucial Operating System files and increase flexibility by storing your data on separate partitions with no need to purchase and install expensive disk partitioning software.
Asset Resale and Recycling
Asset Resale and Recycling offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal or donation solutions for outdated or end of life IT assets. This service include transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, donation charity nomination, detailed data security and environmental reports at affordable prices.