- 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-6200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz)
- Windows® 10 Home
- Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (standard for 5th Gen Core i3/5/7)
- LED Backlit Truelife Display with FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
Audio and Speakers
- 2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro
1 combo headphone / microphone jack
- External DVD RW tray-load
43 WHr, 3-Cell Battery
45 Watt AC Adapter
- Integrated Widescreen HD (720p) Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone Array
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 3165+ Bluetooth 4.0
- Height: 0.78" (19.9 mm) x Width: 15.04" (381.9 mm) x Depth: 9.94" (252.5 mm)
Weight: 4.8 lbs (2.17 Kg) with FHD touch*
- HDMI™ 1.4a
USB 3.0 with PowerShare (1)
USB 3.0 (1)
USB 2.0 (1)
Noble lock slot
Media Card (SD)
Full size backlit keyboard
Multi-touch gesture-enabled precision touchpad with integrated scrolling
Spacious True Color display: Experience stunning clarity and graphics performance with a 15" capacitive touch Full HD 1080p display that offers 40 percent more space than a typical 13" screen.
Generous storage: With up to 1TB* of storage or an optional 256GB* solid-state drive, there's plenty of room for your favorite music, movies, photos and applications.
Vibrant colors: With True Color, you control color saturation. From rich and bright to more muted hues, you can tailor your display’s temperature and tone to suit your personal preference.
Plenty of ports: Easily connect to other devices through two high-speed USB 3.0 ports, one of which features PowerShare, which allows you to use the battery in your laptop to charge other USB devices, like your cell phone. An SD media card reader simplifies file transfers between cameras and other devices. The full-size HDMI port enables easy connection to your TV or high-resolution display without the need for easy-to-lose adapters required by PCs that offer only mini-HDMI or DisplayPort connections.
Precision touch pad: Navigation is easy and consistent with a touch pad that allows you to pan, pinch or zoom with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tablet mode: A remarkable 360-degree hinge design lets you flip the keyboard around and lay it flat on your lap to swipe through photos or edit presentations.
- Tablet stand mode: Transition the tablet to an upright position so you can video conference, scroll through songs or watch movies.
- Tent mode: Watch the news, the game or catch up on your shows with your Inspiron in a hands-free easel position that supports full touch interaction.
- Laptop mode: With a full-sized keyboard, you can Video conference, reply to emails faster, update spreadsheets or knock out school projects.
Laptop when you need it. Tablet when you want it. The best of both worlds just got bigger with the 2-in-1 that combines great performance with a spacious screen, no matter which mode you're in.
Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes.
Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting an Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 30 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Put your stuff in Dropbox and get to it from any device. Dropbox lets you edit docs, share photos, and show off videos from anywhere. Even if something happens to your PC, your stuff is always safe in Dropbox. Get 20GB of Dropbox space included for a year with your purchase of a new Dell PC.*
*Dell consumer PC or select Venue tablets