Streamline storage managementThe Dell EqualLogic PS6210 array allows you to manage more data with fewer resources, and integrate with common application environments and various operating systems. In addition, the latest Dell Storage PS and SC Series software releases provide common management and cross-platform replication capabilities, allowing you to take advantage of new functionality while utilizing existing investments. The PS6210 Series is designed to:
- Deploy in virtualized VMware® environments, Microsoft® Exchange and SQL Server® applications and distributed DAS implementations
- Support block and file data along with the FS Series through a single intuitive interface
- Support server and desktop virtualization
Manage day-to-day tasks, replicate volumes and initiate migration from PS Series to SC Series arrays with the latest software releases, which include Dell Storage Manager (DSM). The Dell Storage PS Series Array Software helps you store, protect, virtualize and optimize data on the PS6210. The full Dell Storage PS Series software suite also includes:
- PS Series Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with host operating systems, hypervisors and applications
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products
- SAN HQ management software with an interface for monitoring your groups of PS Series arrays that are integrated into Dell Services with Support Assist
A new level of performanceThe Dell EqualLogic PS6210 Series arrays provide enhanced, simplified performance for the small-to-medium enterprise. Dell EqualLogic PS6210 arrays can drive up to approximately 2GB/sec of throughput per array for sequential, large-block workloads.* In addition, flash-enabled PS6210 arrays provide up to three times the random performance of prior-generation arrays.* The full line of PS6210 Series arrays brings 10GbE iSCSI SAN speed and efficiency to real-world applications, featuring:
- Dual controllers, each with 16GB non-volatile cache
- Two 10GBASE-T RJ45 auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb/100Mb) ports
- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports for fibre or copper cabling
- Up to 24 hot-pluggable drives, including SAS, NL-SAS and SSD
- Model options for 2.5" drives and 3.5" drives
- Up to 144TB capacity per array
Enhance the value of your data center
Fast and powerful arrays
PS6210S ArrayAll-flash array giving the highest random read IOPS performance and lowest latency in the PS6210 line for the
most demanding enterprise applications. The SSD-enabled PS6210 arrays can deliver customers flash at the
price of disk with a new level of performance in the EqualLogic family — twice the maximum IOPS as prior models
for the most critical applications*. All-flash PS6210S arrays provide load-balanced performance and dense SSD
PS6210XS ArrayEnables SSD speed and HDD capacity within one array.
- Automated data tiering within a member with hot data placed on SSDs
- SSD-enabled PS6210 SAN groups can achieve over 267K IOPS for an OLTP workload with less than 5 milliseconds of latency*
- Ideal for VDI deployments, important databases and other mixed workloads
- 7 hot-pluggable 800GB* SSDs
- 17 hot-pluggable 600GB or 1.2TB* 10K RPM SAS drives
- Up to 26TB system capacity with 10GbE connectivity
- Dual controllers with 16GB non-volatile memory per controller
PS6210E ArrayProvides both entry-level configurations for affordable capacity and high-capacity configuration for data-intensive
applications, highly consolidated environments and collaboration applications, such as Exchange and SharePoint.
- Up to 24 hot-pluggable 7.2K RPM NL-SAS 3.5" HDDs
- 2TB*, 3TB, 4TB and 4TB SED, and 6TB HDD options
- Up to 144TB system capacity with 10GbE connectivity
- Dual controllers with 16GB non-volatile memory per controller
PS6210X ArrayGreat balance of cost, performance and capacity for enterprise data centers, including virtual server
environments and databases.
Enterprise power with everyday simplicityDell Storage PS Series software helps you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. PS Series array, host and management software are included in your storage array purchase — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution. PS Series software virtualizes and simplifies your environment to help protect business-critical data, optimize storage performance and streamline operations. Additionally, the latest SC and PS Series software releases offer common management and cross-platform replication capabilities between SC and PS Series storage arrays, allowing you to take advantage of new functionality while leveraging existing investments.
Simplified management and data protection deliver lasting valueDell Storage PS Series Array Software, including PS Series Firmware, Group Manager and the Manual Transfer Utility, delivers advanced Storage Area Network (SAN) functions that automatically virtualize and optimize storage resources while providing advanced data protection and SAN management. Integrated across the entire family of PS Series arrays, the PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that automatically adjusts system resources. In addition, Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the firmware upgrade process.
Advanced cross-platform capabilities and streamlined managementIf you are adding an SC Series array to your environment, Dell Storage Manager (DSM) provides a common management tool for PS and SC Series day-to-day activities. You can also initiate volume replication between PS and SC Series with DSM, and easily configure and monitor replication task. To simplify migration, you can import data from PS to SC Series using the Thin Import feature.*
Data center automation with integration and monitoring toolsThis family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell Storage PS Series Host Integration Tools (HIT) for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
Dell Storage PS Series SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth performance and capacity information and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with SupportAssist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.