Power meets manageability.
Unleash productivity with the powerful OptiPlex 9020 — Dell’s most manageable desktop featuring Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor technology, up to
Windows 8 Pro and Dell’s unique vPro extensions. Available with Windows 8.1
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
High performance for demanding jobsBreeze through your toughest jobs with our most powerful OptiPlex desktop.
- Boost productivity with up to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 and Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
- Select Windows 8 Pro or Windows 7 Professional and power up a desktop that is ready to work, right from the start.
- Store plenty of data and access it quickly with hard drive, solid-state drive (SSD) or high-performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) options.
- Easily run multiple applications simultaneously with up to 32GB of high-bandwidth Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) memory.*
- Multitask with up to three displays and accelerate your graphics performance with optional discrete graphics.
Business-class controlEasily manage the entire desktop fleet and keep your business running smoothly with exceptional, integrated manageability features.
- Remotely manage and update your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology.
- Perform one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management with Dell’s unique Intel vPro extensions for BIOS management and hard drive wipe.
- Reduce costs to deploy, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Centralized control and security through delivery of on-demand virtual desktops from the cloud to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.
Data protection from desktop to the cloudProtect your data no matter where it resides — from desktop to mobile to the cloud — with comprehensive security and encryption solutions.
- Centrally manage data-encryption policies across devices without disrupting end users or existing IT processes with Dell Data Protection | Encryption (DDP | E).
- Control access to systems and data with Dell Data Protection | Security Tools for single sign-on and authentication management.
- Tighten security with self-encrypted drive and user-authentication options.
- Delete data remotely with Dell’s unique Intel® vPro™ extension for remote hard drive wipe.
Connectivity for easy collaborationCollaborate and share data efficiently with colleagues across your organization with fast connectivity and communications features.
- Connect using onboard Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), optional Wireless LAN or optional Bluetooth®.
- Easily set up VoIP communications with headphone mini-jacks, Microsoft® Lync® and Lync-certified headsets.
- Support fast data transfers with native high-speed USB 3.0 support.
Flexible configurations for your workspaceSeamlessly integrate your PC into any office environment and work on virtually any size desk. OptiPlex 9020 desktops offer flexibility with a range of chassis sizes.
- Deploy with flexibility and select from multiple configuration options, including three different chassis sizes and a space-saving all-in-one design.
- Conserve valuable workspace with the ultrasmall form factor chassis — one of the smallest business desktops available with an internal power supply.
- Provide room for legacy PCI cards with the OptiPlex 9020 mini tower chassis.
- Minimize desktop clutter with Dell’s wireless keyboards and mice.
Integrated solutions to protect and manageMaximize the efficiency, security and management of your OptiPlex systems with robust, integrated solutions.
- Dell Data Protection helps you secure data and control user access with comprehensive, flexible, easily managed data protection and access-control solutions.
- Dell Systems Management with Dell KACE offers efficient, centralized and automated management to help you save time and money.
- Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing help you improve service delivery to your desktops and enhance productivity with streamlined management and seamless access to data and resources.
Environmentally consciousHelp lower your power use and reduce your environmental footprint with highly efficient OptiPlex desktops.
- ENERGY STAR 5.2 compliance, EPEAT registration and efficient power supplies provide assurance that your OptiPlex is designed for efficiency.
- An environmentally conscious design, including a chassis built from 10 percent postconsumer recycled plastics, can help lower your environmental footprint.
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4770)
Intel® Core™ i5 (4670, 4570)
- Windows® 7 Home Basic 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Basic SP1 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Basic 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Basic SP1 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Premium 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Professional 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 32 bit (English)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 64 bit (English)
Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit, English
Windows 8 64-bit, English
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, English
No OS, Designed for Dell Wyse Cloud DT
Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
32GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
- Supports optional optical disc drives and media card reader options (MT Only)
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600; supports optional discrete graphics solutions from AMD and NVidia (MT and SFF Only)
- 4 External USB 3.0 Ports 2 Front 2 Rear
6 External USB 2.0 Ports 2 Front 4 Rear except USFF 4 Rear only and
2 Internal USB 2.0 MT only
45 - RJ Network Connector
2 PS/2 MT/SFF only
2 Line-in stereo/MicrophOne
2 Line-out Headphone/speaker
- Minitower (MT)
Dimensions (H x W x D) Cm/(Inches) : 36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7 / (14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4)
Min. Weight (kg/lbs) : 9.4 / 20.68
Number of Bays : 2 internal 8.8cm (3.5)
2 internal 13.3cm (5.25)
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : Standard 290W PSU Active PFC or optional 290W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold); ENERGY STAR 5.2 compliant, Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D) Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays : 1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : One PCIe x16
One PCIe x16 (wired as x4)
Power Supply Unit (PSU) : Standard 255W PSU Active PFC or optional 255W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold); ENERGY STAR 5.2 compliant, Active PFC
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear) and 6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear, except USFF – 4 rear only) and 2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only); 1 RJ-45; 1 Serial; 1 VGA; 2 DisplayPort; 2 PS/2 (MT/SFF only); 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone), 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker)
Dell Entry Standard and Widescreen Flat Panel Analog:
Dell E1713S, E1913S, E1913, E1912H, E2013H, E2213H
Dell Professional Digital Standard and Widescreen Flat Panel:
Dell P1913S, P1913. P2012H, P2212H, P2312H
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell Business audio speaker, Dell AX210 2.0 Desktop Speakers and Dell AX510 Sound Bar Speaker
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional Computrace*
- Small Form Factor (SFF)
Height: 11.4" (29.0mm) x Width: 3.7" (9.3mm) x Depth: 12.3" (31.2mm)
Weight: 13.2lbs (6.0Kg)*
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2, EPEAT Registered*, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF/USFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHS
Other Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
USFF BFR/PVC Free*
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price