Extended lifecycleWith an ultralong purchase lifecycle, the OptiPlex XE2 significantly eases management and planning.
- Help reduce the cost and complexity of system recertification with a three-and-a-half-year purchase lifecycle, which includes the locking of key hardware and software components.
- Easily maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments with help from a six-month managed-transition period.
Versatile, durable designFrom the retail counter to the factory floor, the XE2 easily integrates into your unique workspace and can handle the most demanding physical conditions.
- Confidently run your desktop in hot and space-constrained areas — even inside cabinets. A robust chassis design and a durable fan enable a high temperature tolerance, up to 45°C ambient.
- Deploy with flexibility through multiple chassis options. Select the small form factor (SFF) chassis, optimized for constrained workspaces or the expandable mini tower (MT) with support for legacy PCI cards.
- Specifically designed for original equipment manufacturers, an OEM Ready version of the OptiPlex XE2 is available.
- Boost productivity with up to a 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
- Available with Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8 Pro.
- Up to 32GB of memory* and integrated graphics.
- Store up to 2TB* with hard disk drive (HDD), solid-state drive (SSD) and high-performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) options.
- Support up to three monitors at once for serious multitasking.
- Connect new and legacy peripherals with native support for PS/2, Serial (RS-232), VGA and up to 10 USB connections, including optional powered USB.
Exceptional, management and securityEasily control your desktop fleet with comprehensive management and security features.
- Remotely manage your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and Dell’s custom Intel vPro extensions for one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management.
- Reduce costs to set up, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Tighten security with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and optional self-encrypting drives (SEDs), smart card keyboard and security lock.
Integrated solutionsEnhance the security and management of your OptiPlex systems with robust solutions.
- Help secure data and control user access with flexible, easily managed Dell Data Protection solutions.
- Centralize and automate management to help reduce administration costs with Dell Systems Management and Dell KACE.
- Enhance service delivery to your desktops and boost productivity with Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing solutions.
- Easily manage and secure OS, application, and user data from a central location for delivery of on-demand virtual desktops to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.
Deployment and customization
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4770S)
Intel® Core™ i5 (4570S)
- Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Professional 64 bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 32 bit (English)
Windows® 7 Ultimate 64 bit (English)
Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit, English
Windows 8 64-bit, English
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, English
Ubuntu Linux 12.04
No OS, Designed for Dell Wyse Cloud DT
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- Up to 1000GB SATA hard drive (7200RPM)
500GB Hybrid Drive
Up to 128GB Solid State Drive SATA hard drive
- Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600; supports optional discrete graphics solutions from AMD
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4 /(36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 20.68 / 9.4
Number of Bays : 2 internal 3.5”
2 external 5.25”
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 365W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) :13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays :1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : 1 half height PCIe x16
1 half height PCIe x4
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 315W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Dell Professional series monitors available from 17"-24"
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell 2.0 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays.
Dell Print Solutions: Black-and-White, Color and Multifunction Lasers for printing and document management
Hard Drives Options
Hard Disk Drives: up to 1TB
Supports Hybrid, Opal SED FIPS, and Solid State Drive
RAID 0 & 1 support on select configurations
No Hard Drive – Supports Dell Cloud Desktop diskless option
Removable Media Options
Supports optional optical disc drives
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear) and 6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear) and 2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only); 1 RJ-45; 1 Serial; 1 VGA; 2 DisplayPort; 2 PS/2; 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone), 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker), optional Parallel/Serial/Powered Serial/Powered USB port support
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional*
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualified, EPEAT Registered9, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHSOther Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
Dell ProSupport Plus is Dell’s premium support service that automates support for PCs and tablets* to prevent issues before they occur and quickly resolve issues when needed. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. ProSupport Plus combines 24x7 expert hardware and software support by ProSupport engineers, onsite* repair after remote diagnosis, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement to ensure data security*.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price