- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8800 Product Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4800 Product Family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- (96 DIMMS): 8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB RDIMM, LRDIMM up to 2400 MT/s
- Up to 24 x 2.5” hot-plug 12Gb/6Gb SAS HDD or SAS/SATA SSD
Up to 8 front-accessible Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD (PCIe 3.0)
- H: 6.8” (172.6mm)
W: 18.99” (482.4mm)
D: 31.59” (802.3mm) with PSU and bezel
D: 31.01” (787.7mm) with PSU and without bezel
- Hot-plug hard drives, hot-plug redundant power, hot-plug redundant fans, ECC memory, internal dual SD module
- Hot-plug redundant PSUs: 750W AC, 1100W AC
- Internal controllers: PERC H330, PERC H730P
External HBAs (RAID): PERC H830
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12Gbps SAS HBA
- Intel® C602J
- 2.5” SATA/SAS SSD, SAS HDD (15K, 10K), nearline SAS HDD (7.2K)
2.5” Dell PowerEdge NVMe Express Flash PCIe SSD
- Up to 10 PCIe 3.0 slots
1 RAID slot
1 NDC slot
- iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade option)
8GB or 16GB vFlash media (upgrade options)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager
- Embedded NICs:
Broadcom® 5720 quad-port 1Gb NDC
Broadcom® 57800 2x10Gb DA/SFP+ + 2x1Gb BT NDC
Broadcom® 57800 2x10Gb BT + 2x1Gb BT NDC
Broadcom® 57840S quad-port 10Gb SFP+ Direct Attach Rack NDC
Intel® I350 quad-port 1GbE NDC
Intel® X520 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+, + I350 DP 1GbE, NDC
Intel® X540 10GbE BT dual-port + I350 1Gb BT DP NDC
- ReadyRails® II, the sliding rail system for the R930, provides tool-less support for 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round mounting holes, including all generations of Dell racks. The sliding rail system also supports tooled mounting in 4-post threaded racks
- Matrox® G200 with 8MB memory
Built for scalability and speed
Maximize the performance of your most demanding enterprise applications, including CRM, ERP, OLTP and in-memory databases. The PowerEdge R930 flexibly scales to optimize transactions and operations and can significantly reduce latency. Leveraging the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v4 product family (up to 24 cores per processor), the 4-socket R930 can scale to meet virtually any challenge.
- Utilize all 96 processing cores to access up to 6TB DDR4 memory on 96 DIMMs.
- Optimize performance across compute, memory and I/O with up to eight PCIe SSDs.
- Protect mission-critical and data-intensive applications with Intel E7 RAS features.
Simplicity through automation
Efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments with PowerEdge embedded server intelligence --- integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller and OpenManage Essentials. OpenManage automates the most frequently performed server management tasks agent-free – including deployment, updates, monitoring and maintenance – regardless of the installed OS or hypervisor.
- Reduce setup time by up to 99 percent with zero touch automated deployment.
- Cut up to 92 percent of time spent updating servers according to your policies.
- Leverage the same OpenManage Integration benefits with your existing VMware®, Microsoft or BMC Software consoles.
Accelerate applicationsReduce licensing costs using the extensive internal resources of a single R930 to accelerate applications and optimize compute processing. With 96 DIMM slots and 24 hard drives, it can easily adapt to the demands of any workload.
- Cost-effectively scale memory using lower cost, smaller DIMMs.
- Architect internal storage with SSDs and SAS drives to optimize for specific applications.
- Double I/O bandwidth utilizing dual PCI Gen 3 RAID cards.
Adapt to virtually any enterprise workload
Specifically designed for the enterprise, the R930 has all the power and capacity required to meet your business needs.
- Accelerate your large applications (ERP, CRM, business intelligence) with the capacity to quickly respond to business-growth demands.
- Consolidate multiple corporate-wide applications to a single server.
- Enable faster access to critical business-application data and shrink customer response times with in-memory database capability.
- Efficiently support SAN environments with Dell Fluid Cache for SAN in combination with up to eight Express Flash SSDs.
- Migrate from an outdated RISC environment to a more agile future-ready data center.