Make a stylish impression.
Inspiron™ 15R features up to 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 8 and a 39.6 cm (15.6") display. It offers stylish design and long battery life. Add an optional touch screen to boost interactivity.
15.6" | 2.32 kg
Whether you're streaming blockbusters or setting a new high score, Intel® Core® processors enhance your experience. Upgrade to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors for long battery life and stunning graphics and get the most from your favorite Windows 8 apps and games.
At about 1" thin, Inspiron 15R slips easily into a travel bag when you need to take your work with you. No wonder it’s our most popular size.
Style for miles
Brushed-aluminum finish and rounded — you’ll feel more sophisticated just looking at it.
Sit back and enjoy the show
- 39.6 cm (15.6") display: Photos, videos, movies and other images pop on a 1366 x 1378 display in 720p.
- HDMI 1.4 port: Make the Inspiron 15R the power behind your home theater by connecting it to an HDTV or HD monitor.
- Waves MaxxAudio® 4.0: From Waves Audio, recipient of a 2011 Technical GRAMMY® Award, MaxxAudio® 4.0 gives you total control over your Inspiron 14R’s frequency response.
- Optical drive: Pop a movie in the tray-load optical drive and enjoy movies on-the-go.
- Graphics options: Enjoy your entertainment the way it was meant to be seen with faster, smoother videos and game experiences. Upgrade to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors for the latest graphics technology.
- Hard drive: Store your valuable data on a massive hard drive.
- Ports: Connecting to your peripherals is simple with two USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4, and RJ45 Ethernet ports.
- 8-in-1 media card reader: Enjoy media-format freedom with an 8-in-1 media card reader for outstanding compatibility.
- Spill-resistant keyboard: Accidents happen. Rest easy and work with confidence thanks to a spill-resistant keyboard.
Charge aheadAn optional 65WHr 6-cell battery can help you stay powered up long enough to skip the in-flight movie, polish your presentation and drift off to your favorite music.
Designed for the real world — because that's where life happens.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
- Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
- Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
- Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Complete your Inspiron experience
Your Inspiron 15R is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Your Inspiron 15R comes preloaded with anti-virus and videoconference software to help you stay protected and connected.
We’re here and ready to help. In addition to America’s Best Standard Support (90 days Premium Phone Support and 1 year of In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis1), Dell offers protection options including Accidental Damage Service2,, LoJack® for Laptops3, McAfee® SecurityCenter and DataSafe Online Backup.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-in-one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop.
- Intel® Celeron® 887 processor (2M Cache, 1.5 GHz) (region-specific option)
Intel® Pentium® 977 processor (2M Cache, 1.4 GHz) (region-specific option)
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3217U processor (3M Cache, 1.8 GHz) (base)
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz) (opt)
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3517U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz) (opt)
- Windows® 8,
Windows® 8 Pro
Windows® 8 Single Language
- 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
AMD Radeon™ HD7670M 1GB DDR3 graphics memory (opt)
AMD Radeon™ HD8750M 2GB DDR3 graphics memory (opt)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Anti-glare and FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4 processing
Built-in digital microphone
- Up to 1000GB SATA hard drive (5400RPM)
- Tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- 4-cell/2.8Ah (40 WHr) Lithium Ion
6-cell/3.0Ah (65 WHr) Lithium Ion (opt)
- Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone
- Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, 802.11b/g/n + BT4.0
Wired communicationsIntegrated Ethernet 10/100
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Externally Accessible(2) USB 3.0 + (2) USB 2.0 RJ45 Ethernet HDMI™ v1.4a
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
Multi-media Card ReaderDigital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) with UHS 50MB/Sec
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
Memory Stick XC (MSXC)
Multi Media Card (MMC)
Multi Media Card plus (MMC+) Supported in MMC compatibility mode only
Dimensions & WeightWidth: 376mm (14.8)
Height: 24.9mm (0.98) front / 31.3mm (1.23) back with 6-cell/65 WHr battery
Depth: 10.2” (259mm)
Starting weight of 5.18lb (2.35kg) with optional 6-cell battery and standard LCD