Inspiron 15R: Change is easy
Stay connected, stay in touch, stay entertained — anywhere, anytime. With stylish designs to fit every personality, a 15.6" HD (high-definition) display and fast performance, the Inspiron™ 15R is the powerful, full-featured laptop you’ve been waiting for.
- Your laptop, your style: Show your personality with a SWITCH by Design Studio lid*.
- Everything you want is always on Stage: Share photos, listen to music and stay in touch with Dell™ Stage software.
- Get more done, fast: Inspiron 15R’s next-generation processors, large hard drives and powerful graphics conquer your everyday computing needs.
Personalize your laptop with SWITCH by Design Studio. Change your look as you please with optional interchangeable lids.
Find Out More >
2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processors
Meet your everyday computing needs with 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processors.
Find Out More >
Entertainment virtually anywhere
An HD (high-definition) display, webcam and Intel® Wireless Display capabilities help keep the fun going wherever you are.
Find Out More >
Your world on one Stage
Find Out More >
Faster than the speed of life
Edit photos and video, play games and stay connected with friends and family. Inspiron™ R laptops are designed to meet your everyday computing needs, with power to spare.
The speed you need:
- Windows® 7 Home Premium.
- Seamlessly multitask and quickly access your files and programs with up to 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors
Smart, powerful graphics
Store it all (and then some):
- 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2350M processor (2.30 GHz, 1333, 3M cache)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor (2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
- 2GB 1 DIMM (2GB x1) DDR3 1333Mhz
6GB (1 X 2GB + 1 X 4GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
4GB 1 DIMM (4GB x1) DDR3 1333Mhz
- Mobile Intel® 6 Series Express Chipset (HM67)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M - 1GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M - 1GB (For QUAD Core CPU)
- 15.6" (39.6cm) HD WLED True-Life (1366x768)
Audio and Speakers
- SRS Premium Sound™ - 2 speakers @ 2W each
- Up to 1000GB* SATA hard drive (5400RPM)
- Internal tray-load DVD+/-RW
- 6-cell 48WHr Li-Ion Battery
- 1.0MP Integrated 1280x720 native HD Webcam
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030(802.11 b/g/n+ Bluetooth 3.0+HS)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(2) USB 3.0
(1) USB 2.0
(1) USB 2.0 with E-SATA & Power Share
HDMI v1.4 Port
Integrated network connector 10/100
AC adapter connector
Audio jacks (1-line out, 1 Mic-in)
8-in-1 Media Card Reader
Digital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC)
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Multi Media Card (MMC)
MultiMedia Card plus (MMC+)
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
xD Picture Card (xD)
Dimensions & Weight
SWITCH by Design Studio enabled Laptop
Width: 14.80" (376.0mm)
Height: 1.24" (31.37mm) front / 1.39" (35.2 mm) back
Depth: 10.24” (260.2mm)
Starting weight of 5.84 lbs (2.65 kg)
Essential Help with your new Dell systems
From simple advice to complex issues, Dell™ offers service options tailored to your computing needs:
Australian local Dell On Call expert help
Dell @ Your Service On Call Hotline: 1800 888 213
|Dell On Call will give you peace of mind to know that there's someone to call if things ever go wrong.|
On-Site help in your home.
Click to ensure service is available in your area.
|Ask a friendly, qualified expert to come to your place, at a time that suits you (they work weekends and evenings as well!). Help with anything from: |
IMPORTANT > Before you choose On-Site, please check if this service is available in your area.
|See what customers are saying about Dell's Essential Help Service: |
Exceptional Customer Service - “Extremely impressed with the magnificent service by Kylie of your customer service team when we had a virus on our computer. She fixed the problem, and was very patient and professional. Well done...you rarely get service at such a high level these days.” – Grinder from Blackburn, VIC
Very Satisfied – “I was very impressed with the after sales call from Kylie, who walked me through my new PC to make sure I was familiar with all its features.” – Johnnb from New Gisborne, VIC
Dell Help – “I was contacted by 'Dell Help' to see if my new computer was running smoothly. It had a few issues which Simon resolved straight away. It is fantastic that it can be done remotely as it is a much faster way to resolve problems.” – Tobba from Perth, WA
Note: This service is subject to Essential Help Service Terms & Conditions