Double your capacity and reduce your backup window
Customers looking to store and protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption with speeds up to 140MB\s and a capacity of 1.5TB’s.
- Subtotal $3099.00
View All Options
PowerVault LTO Tape Drives
- Subtotal $3019.00
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-5 Ultrium tape drive
- Read and write to LTO-4 and 5, read with LTO-3
- Native: 1.5TB*
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximums: 140MB/s; 504GB/hr
Native Transfer Rate
- LTO3 - 80MB/sec
LTO4 - 120MB/sec
LTO5 - 140MB/sec
LTO6 - 160MB/sec
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) at 6Gb/s
- Internal and External Drives Available
1.69" (h) x 5.83 (w) x 8.29" (d)
Weight (3lbs 9 oz)
2.56"(h)x 8.74"(w) x 12.87"(d)
Double the storage capacity and reduce your backup windowThe Ultrium LTO-5 technology offers up to 1.5TB native capacity with a transfer rate of 504GB/hr. That is an almost double the capacity, while shrinking the backup window by 15%, over previous generations of LTO4 drives. With a 6GB* SAS interface the PowerVault LTO-5-140 leverages higher transfer rates over traditional SCSI interfaces.
Excellent SecurityPowerVault™ LTO-5-140 along with LTO4, offers device level encryption. This enables organizations to protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption.
- Single external LTO-5 tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity back up a maximum of 1.5TB (native) of information at up to 504GB/hr (native)
- Read and write compatible with LTO-5 and LTO-4 media , LTO-3 media and is read compatible only
- Available with LTO-5 WORM (Write Once, Read Many) media to protect your data from being altered or changed
- Device Level Encryption simplifies the encryption process by helping to eliminate the need and cost of software-based encryption
Optional Hardware Support Service Plans
Dell Infrastructure Services: Execution without excuses:
Dell brings pure execution to IT Services. The planning, implementation and maintenance of your IT infrastructure deserves nothing less. Variability in execution can compromise user productivity, IT resources, and ultimately, your reputation. By leveraging our heritage of process driven excellence, Dell Services can deliver a smarter way. That's Pure Dell.
Gold Enterprise Support:
Provides 7x24 rapid response and resolution of critical issues including escalation management and On-Site Emergency Dispatch procedures to quickly restore operations. This level of support is appropriate for servers that are being used for email systems, database applications and virtualization.
Silver Enterprise Support:
Silver support provides convenient 7x24 phone access for hardware and core software troubleshooting with 4-hour2 7x24 on-site services following completion of phone-based troubleshooting. This level of support is appropriate for file and print servers and other non-production testing and development.
Take Your Support to the Next Level
Platinum Plus Enterprise Support
Dell's most comprehensive level of premium support for storage systems combines rapid response and resolution for critical issues with customized account planning and reporting to proactively help improve uptime. With Platinum Plus, you receive direct access to the Enterprise Command Center and a designated Platinum Technical Account Manager and can enjoy the benefits of these two new innovative features:
- Operations Performance Benchmarking Innovative management tools and processes, providing customers with exceptional visibility into their IT operations and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- ECC Real-time Tracking Window A real-time web based tool that allows customers to track the real-time position and status of every open incident they are experiencing around the world, without picking up the phone.
Additional Service Offerings
In today's environment, businesses depend on their advanced server and storage systems running like clockwork. Maximum uptime is crucial. IT professionals' success and credibility depends on knowing they can reliably deliver business-critical operations and rapidly resolve problems when they do arise. They also need the flexibility to match support to the different needs of various end users and applications environments, smartly balancing quality and costs.
Backup and Recovery
Dell offers comprehensive project management to help you optimize your technology, improve efficiencies, and minimize downtime with a tailored archiving, backup, recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability, and manageability.
Storage and Server Consolidation
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and helps reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage and server consolidation is designed to help you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership. Consolidation can offer these key benefits:
- Simplify Operations
- Improve Utilization
- Cost Effective Scaling
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity, and reduce end user requests and downtime.
On-Site Installation and Remote Installation Services
Remote Configuration Set-up
- Assistance configuring or setting up your new server's operating system for the first time
- Flexibility with Dell remotely "driving" the install via online Web-Ex session or allowing you to perform via phone-based instruction
- Can be the most cost-effective solution to quickly get your server OS up and running
On-Site Installation: Hardware and OS
- An On-Site Dell technician to ensure proper physical setup & functionality of the hardware and Windows operating system in your business environment
- Assistance installing your new server into a Dell-support rack
- Reduced time required to get your new server completely up and running