Dell 8/4 Gbps FC Pass-Through Module for M1000e Blade Enclosure
8/4Gbps Fibre Channel Pass-Through Module for M1000e Blade Enclosure
- 8 Gbit/sec line speed with backward compatibility to 4, and 2 Gbit/sec line speed
- 16 external (uplink) ports with 16 pre-installed SWL optical SFP+ transceivers (8Gbps)
16 internal ports providing connectivity for up to 16 blade servers (with Fibre Channel HBAs)
Ports support auto-negotiation to link speeds of 8/4/2 Gbps
Port and system status LED indicators
Per port status LEDs: Link status
System status LEDs: System status, power
Hot-swappable, enabling expansion without server interruption
Support for up to four pass-through modules per M1000e blade chassis
- Module is unmanaged – all management occurs via HBA firmware or exterior switches
Integrates with any external FC SAN infrastructure
Fibre Channel connectivity for your existing SAN infrastructure
- Each port provides a dedicated connection for guaranteed bandwidth to each server port.
- Transparent pass-through protocol helps remove interoperability issues between SAN and server.
- 8, 4 or 2 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity on each port can match existing server and SAN installations.