Versatile, High-Capacity Direct-Attached Storage Array
Dell™ PowerVault MD1200 direct-attached storage array offers versatility and high-capacity storage for mainstream applications, with optimal performance in sequential (streaming) applications.
- Seamless server expansion for 6Gb/s SAS environments
- Supports mainstream and capacity-intensive applications such as e-mail, backup to disk and video streaming
- Deployment and drive versatility good for investment protection and data tiering
Expansion for Mainstream and Capacity-Intensive Single Server ApplicationsDell PowerVault MD1200 direct-attached storage array is the second generation of Dell’s low-cost, high-capacity expansion enclosure that improves density, versatility and performance over previous generation to enhance support for mainstream and capacity-intensive applications.
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers with the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter and provides you with the most drive flexibility of any Dell direct-attach storage arrays.
Easily Expand Your Server Capacity: The PowerVault MD1200 is engineered to seamlessly expand the capacity of Dell PowerEdge servers. This expansion array can support twelve, 9 cm (3.5")- or 6 cm (2.5") SAS hard-disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs)* in a 2U array and expands up to 8 arrays behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter.
Versatility and Flexibility to Meet Most Business Needs: The PowerVault MD1200 is Dell’s most versatile direct-attached storage array. Featuring support for 6 cm (2.5") drives, as well as the ability to mix 6 cm (2.5")1 and 9 cm (3.5") enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter, PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.
Support the Business, no Matter the Need
The PowerVault MD1200 supports most mainstream business requirements with added flexibility and versatility to mix 6 cm (2.5") drives in a 9 cm (3.5") enclosure1 and mix 6 cm (2.5")- and 9 cm (3.5") enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter*.
Keeping Your Data Safe
Access and accuracy of your data are key to the success of any business. The PowerVault MD1200 has been engineered to help maximize your uptime and security of your data.
Leveraging the PERC H800 RAID ControllerThe PowerVault MD1220 leverages the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter with the latest PCI Express 2.0 interface, offering excellent performance for enterprise.
- The configuration of the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter helps to increase reliability and fault tolerance by enabling the software to recognize the entire array as a single unit, regardless of how many disks are activated for storage in the array. With the PERC H800, customers can choose the RAID option that supports their application. The PERC H800 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
- Dell PowerVault MD1200 storage array is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge servers. Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager Software can manage both the external array and internal storage within the server itself.
- Streamlining storage management through a single, common interface helps reduce resource load on the system, and is easier to navigate for the user as well. The PowerVault MD1200 utilizes the same 6 cm (2.5") and 9 cm (3.5") drives as 11th Generation PowerEdge servers, and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1220, helping to reduce the number of spares required.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.
- Up to twelve (12) hot-pluggable SAS Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) at 7200, 10K and 15K rpm and SAS Solid State Drives (SSDs)*
9 cm (3.5") SAS HDDs
15,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 300GB , 450GB* and 600GB*
7,200 RPM (Nearline) 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 500GB , 1TB , and 2TB
6 cm (2.5") SAS HDDs in 9 cm (3.5") carrier*
15,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 73GB and 146GB
10,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 146GB, 300GB and 600GB
7,200 RPM (Nearline) 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 500GB
6 cm (2.5") SAS SSDs in 9 cm (3.5") carrier
3Gb/s SSDs available in 150GB
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)
24TB using twelve 2TB 7,200 RPM 6Gb/s SAS disk drives
PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter enables expansion to 8 enclosures (4 enclosures per port)
More Details on PERC
- Support for the following configurations:
Unified mode (single path) for daisy chaining of up to 8 enclosures per PERC H800 (4 enclosures per port, single path)
Unified mode (redundant path) for daisy chaining up to 4 enclosures per PERC H800 (4 enclosures connected to both ports via redundant path cabling)
Split mode with dual Enclosure Management Modules providing direct connectivity to drives 0 though 5 and a separate connectivity to drives 6 through 11.
Sistem de operare
- Refer to RAID Card for details on supported Operating Systems:
9 cm (3.14")
45 cm (17.57")
51 cm (20")
28.39 kg (62.6 lb) (maximum configuration)
8.84 kg (19.5 lb) (empty)
- Two fully redundant power supplies
100-240 VAC, auto sensing
8.6 A at 100 V, 4.3 A at 240 V
Available Drive Power (per slot)
Supported drive power consumption (continuous):
up to 1.16 A at +5V
up to 1.6 A +12V
- EMM modules provide redundant enclosure management capability
Condiţii de mediu pentru funcţionare
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with maximum temp gradation of 10°C per hour
Storage: -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F) with temp gradation of 20°C per hour
Operating: 8% to 85% (non-condensing) with maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: -16 to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
BTU per hour
- Foi de date privind siguranţa produselor, compatibilitatea electromagnetică şi protecţia mediului (în limba engleză)
Pagina de pornire Dell privind conformitatea cu reglementările (în limba engleză)
Dell şi mediul înconjurător (în limba engleză)