Next-generation network management
Plan, configure and deploy wired and wireless networks with cloud-based management for Dell EMC Networking switches and Aerohive APs.
Flexible network managementHiveManager NG allows administrators to plan, configure and deploy wired and wireless networks and maintain complete control through a powerful cloud platform. The HiveManager NG architecture sets a new standard for simplicity and flexibility by combining:
- Public or private cloud deployment
- Streamlined user experience
- Simplified troubleshooting
- Operational intelligence
HiveManager NG offers a simplified deployment workflow and seamless transition from demo to production, featuring:
- Guided workflow for network policy deployment
- Interactive step-by-step configuration assistance
- Ability to swap simulated devices with real devices on RF planner map
- Automatic connection to HiveManager NG for provisioning
- Auto-provisioning for devices with network policy and firmware updates
HiveManager NG facilitates device and network configuration via:
- Device templates for switches and APs with a centralized view of all configuration objects
- The ability to bulk edit device properties
- The ability to back up and restore objects, inventory and configuration
- A command-line interface for device access
Centralized policy management
Context-aware user policies with granular and flexible control enable an optimized end-user experience via:
- Device classification by location and client classification by location, OS type and mandatory access control (MAC) address
- Customer application definition and multiple user profiles for each service set identifier (SSID)
- Time-based firewall and quality of service (QoS) policy
- Application, network and MAC Layer firewall policy rules
- WIPS policy for rogue AP detection and mitigation
- Security policies supporting 802.1X, WPA2 and PPSK
The HiveManager NG dashboard includes contextual filters to monitor assets, health status, data usage and security standpoints. Dashboard features include:
- Key performance indicator (KPI) status cards and widgets with drill down capabilities
- Time range slider on dashboard for historical view with 360 views of any network policy, AP, client device, user or application
- Global search function by network policy, MAC address, serial number, user or application name
- Seven days of historic monitoring and reporting data with Interactive Network Summary Reports and easy sharing capabilities
- Savable contextual filters by location, SSID, policy, user profile and client OS type
Monitoring and troubleshooting
HiveManager NG provides real-time and historical views of devices, clients, alarms and events with the ability to act immediately from the monitor interface. Monitoring features include:
- Device list with rich utilities for advanced configuration and investigation
- Alarm and event lists with historical and real-time data
- Savable and reusable filters shared across dashboard and monitor
- Rogue AP and client monitoring, plus Maps API
- Help-desk style interface to triage historical and real-time client problems with actionable data for easy resolutions
Dell ProSupport for multivendor software
HiveManager NG includes 1, 3 or 5 years of ProSupport for Multivendor Software, providing access to Dell’s global team of certified engineers who serve as primary support provider for troubleshooting your environment. We deliver a consistent level of software support services for server, storage and networking hardware to minimize disruptions, while helping you maintain a high level of availability and operational excellence.
|Models||Aerohive AP130||Aerohive AP230||Aerohive AP250||Aerohive AP245X||Aerohive AP1130|
867Mbps max rate
1.3Gbps max rate
|802.11ac Wave 2|
Software selectable radios
2.6Gbps max rate
|802.11ac Wave 2 |
1.3Gbps max rate
867Mbps max rate
|Security||Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip for hardware-based key storage and encryption|
|Network interface(s)||1x GbE||2x GbE w/link aggregation||2x GbE w/link aggregation||2x GbE w/link aggregation||1x GbE|
|PoE interface||802.3af||802.3af and/or 802.3at||802.3af and/or 802.3at||802.3af and/or 802.3at||802.3at|
|Other interface||N/A||USB||Integrated BLE and USB||Integrated BLE and USB||N/A|
|Operating temp||0° to 40° C||0° to 40° C||0° to 40° C||0° to 50° C||–40° to 55° C|
|Environment||Indoor, plenum rated||Indoor, plenum rated||Indoor, plenum rated||Indoor, plenum rated||Outdoor, water proof (IP 67)|
|Supported Aerohive APs not listed||AP120, AP121, AP141, AP170, AP320, AP330, AP340, AP350, AP370, AP390|
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Data Sheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
AssessmentsNetwork assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Support and EducationDell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingDell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
Available Remote Consulting Services
- Access Distribution Networking
- Gateway and Security
- Microsoft Exchange
- Wireless Networking
- Systems Management
- Core Layer/MPLS Networking
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Storage Area Networking (SAN)
- Storage Technologies