Flexible, powerful and optimized
Designed for flexibility and high performance for today's demanding modern workloads and applications.
48x10G and 6x40G
48x10GBase-T and 6x40G
28x10G and 2x10/25/40/50/100G
48x10G and 4x10/25/40/50/100G
28x10GBase-T and 2x10/25/40/50/100G
48x10GBase-T and 4x10/25/40/50/100G
48x10G, 2x40G and 4x10/25/40/50/100G
24x10G or FC8/16, 2x40G and 4x10/25/40/50/100G or FC8/16/32
S4248FB-ON and S4248FBL-ON:
40x10G, 2x40G and 6x100G
4x40G and 4 slots with 3 choices: 12 port 1/10GbE or 12 port 10GbE or 2/4/8Gbps FC or 12 port 10GBase-T
- S4128F-ON/S4128T-ON/S4248FB-ON/S4248FBL-ON: 720 MPPS
S4148F-ON/S4148T-ON/S4148FE-ON/S4148U-ON: 1,320 MPPS
S4048-ON and S4048T-ON: 1,080 MPPS
- Full L2/L3 switching and routing
- VLAN Tagging, Double VLAN Tagging, GVRP
Quality of Service
- Open Networking
S4248FB-ON has deep buffers
S4248FBL-ON has deep buffers and larger tables.
- S4048-ON, S4048T-ON, S4128F-ON, S4148F-ON, S4128T-ON, S4148T-ON, S4148FE, S4148U, S4248FB-ON, S4248FBL-ON: 1RU Fixed ports
S4148U: The S4148U enables converging LAN and SAN traffic in a single 1U ToR switch supporting FC8, FC16 and FC32 connectivity.
S5000: 1RU with 4 slots
- IEEE – 802.1, 802.3
RFC – IP, IPv4, IPv6, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP,
Multicast, Security, Data Center Bridging,
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
Operating humidity: 10 to 85% (RH), non-condensing
- 100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity
- All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant
UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A
Flexible, powerful 10GbE ToR switches for data centers of all sizesDeploy modern workloads and applications designed for the open networking era with an optimized data center top-of-rack (ToR) networking solution that:
- Includes the S4000-ON Series, S4100-ON Series and S5000 10GbE switches and S4048T-ON, S4128T-ON and S4148T-ON 1/10G BASE-T switches, and S4148FE, S4248FB-ON, and S4248FLB-ON 10GbE switch
- Delivers low latency, superb performance and high density with hardware and software redundancy
- Offers Active Fabric designs using S- or Z-Series core switches to create a two-tier, 1/10/40 GbE data center network architecture
- The S4148U-ON has Fibre Channel ports for connections to Storage Area Networks
- Provides an ideal solution for applications in high-performance data center and computing environments
Optimized for the open networking eraGet more agility, more choices and lower costs than proprietary networks with select, open-standards-based ON (open networking) switches.
- Disaggregated-hardware/software solutions bring new levels of freedom and flexibility to your data center.
- Support for Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) enables zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Your choice of network operating system helps simplify data-center fabric orchestration and automation.
- A broad ecosystem of open-source and Linux-based applications and tools provides more options to optimize and manage your network.
Developed for flexibilityThe Dell EMC Networking S-Series 10/40GbE switches offer a family of products that enable you to find the ideal solution for your specific needs.
- Line-rate performance from 1/10G BASE-T to 40GbE and port densities from 28 to 48
- Efficient stacking offered in many S-Series models
- Industry-hardened and feature-rich operating system for maximum dependability and uptime with select third-party OS options
- Full support for iSCSI storage area networks, including DCB