4Gb Fibre Channel solution for Dell blade servers
Easy integration of Fibre Channel technology into new or existing storage area networks (SANs).
Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports available in two increments through Ports on Demand (POD) Licensing
12 or 24 universal ports (E, F, FL, and N)
- Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- All Brocade classic and M-series switches and Directors
Cisco and other third party Switches and Directors that support NPIV Technology
- 4.5 Gbit/sec line speed with backward compatibility to 2.125 and 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed
- Up to two 16 Gbit/sec trunk groups
- Single Trunk: 16GB
Dual Trunk: 32GB
Non-Trunk mode: 32GB
- <2.1 µsec with no contention
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, N_Port, and E_Port
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast and broadcast
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) laser. Short-wave up to 500 m (1,640 ft), and Long-wavelength up to 10km
- Simple Name Server, Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), Brocade Advanced Zoning, WebTools GUI management, and Brocade Access Gateway. Optional Advanced fabric services include: Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade ISL Trunking; Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring
- Ports on Demand, Advanced Fabric Services (see list above)
- Management Software Supported
Managed through: Dell CMC Module, or Telnet; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); or Brocade Advanced Web Tools with Ease of Use and Ease of Setup; Brocade Data Center Fabric Manager (optional)
10/100 Ethernet port (RJ-45); Internal Serial port (RS-232); In-band via Management Server
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds — 2.1kg
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-Operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Operating: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Storage: Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
Operating: 20G for 6ms
Non-operating: 50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 GRMS Random for 15 minutes
- Maximum output
Nominal input voltage
BTU rating (80% efficiency)
- The M4424 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ M1000e blade enclosure and Brocade M4424 SAN Switch provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability, and management of traditional SAN environments.
The SAN Switch ships in one of two configurations:
Fast, Reliable 4 Gbit/sec Performance
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 4Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 12 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow.”
- Operates in Access Gateway mode allowing connectivity to any Fabric – including Brocade, Cisco, and McDATA.
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Simplify deployment and management of a Dell blade server environment with the dual-function Brocade M4424, providing NPIV-based Access Gateway functionality or full-fabric switch functionality.
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade M4424 4Gbps FC SAN Switch (Brocade M4424) and Dell/EMC storage.
- Brocade ASIC expanded capabilities, including World Wide Name (WWN) and device-level zoning.
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell™ ProSupport™ for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell™ ProSupport™ for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
|Customization and Set up|
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.