Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports available in five port increments through Ports on Demand Licensing at 12, and 32 universal ports(E, F, and FL)
- Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 50 switches. Larger fabrics may be certified as required.
- All Brocade switches and Directors
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec full duplex; 8.50 Gbit/sec full duplex; Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; Speed matching between 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8Gbit/sec ports
- Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking allows up to four ports between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with an aggregate speed of up to 32 Gbit/sec for optimal bandwidth utilization and load balancing.
- 128 Gbit/sec end to end
- 1.2 µsec with no contention, cut-through routing at 4 Gbit/sec. Latency increases as input port speed increases and becomes disparate from out put port speed.
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, N_Port, and E_Port; self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast and broadcast
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) laser. Short-wave up to 500 m (1,640 ft), and Long-wavelength up to 10km
- Simple Name Server, Registered State Change Notification (RSCN). Optional fabric services include: Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade ISL Trunking; Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring; Brocade Web Tools.
- SFP media, Ports on Demand, Advanced Fabric Services
- Management software supported
Telnet; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Brocade Advanced Web Tools with Ease of Use and Ease of Setup; Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Manager (optional)
10/100 Ethernet port (RJ-45); Internal Serial port (RS-232); In-band via Management Server
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds— without media
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-Operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Operating: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Storage: Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
Operating: 20G for 6ms
Non-operating: 50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 GRMS Random for 15 minutes
- DC Input 12V and 3.3V from chassis
Power consumption About 32 Watts
- The M5424 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
HighlightsThe Brocade® M5424 switch and the Dell™ PowerEdge™ M1000e blade enclosure provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability and management of traditional SAN environments.
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance• Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with an aggregate bandwidth of 128 Gbit/sec end-to-end
• Optional adaptive networking services, including adaptive fabric quality of service, traffic isolation and
ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments• Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments
using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade® M5424 and Dell/EMC storage.
• New platform combines with Brocade® 8Gb edge switches from Dell to extends the next generation dynamic
Data Center Fabric features of Brocade® backbone DCX architecture to the Dell PowerEdge M1000e Chassis.
Dell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
Network assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
The Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Dell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
• Access Distribution Networking
• Gateway and Security
• Microsoft Exchange
• Wireless Networking
• Systems Management
• Core Layer/MPLS Networking
• Data Protection and Recovery
• Storage Area Networking (SAN)
• Storage Technologies