Making room for energy efficiency
Ensuring data and device security regardless of location while managing data and applications consistently across the enterprise.
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
OptiPlex Means BusinessThe OptiPlex FX160 delivers essential performance and flexibility to help keep your business running.
- Planning support with up to 36 month life cycle, stable images and managed transitions
- Configuration to support either a Virtual Remote Desktop thin-client environment or a Dell™ On-Demand Desktop Streaming™ environment
OptiPlex Means SecurityOptiPlex FX160 is designed to ensure data and system security, independent of location, to help protect your critical data.
- Data is centrally located in the data center, which reduces data security risks from user theft or mismanagement, and alleviates business continuity concerns, such as distributed data and/or data loss.
- Symantec™ Endpoint Protection for Windows® XP Embedded defends against hackers and worms, Trojan horses, viruses, and other malicious code attacks.
- Optional Smart Card keyboards protect access to your critical data.
- Security lock slot provides physical system protection for Kensington-style locks (sold separately).
- Optional cable security kit, made of hardened steel, is designed to secure commonly used keyboard, mouse, and other PS2 or USB devices from theft.
OptiPlex Is Easy to OwnThe OptiPlex FX160 is engineered for scalability to meet your changing needs:
- Designed for single-application workloads, the OptiPlex FX160 features new Intel® Atom™ processors.
- Scalable Dell Flash storage (NVRAM) options are available for flexible, high-end thin-client usage models.
- Altiris™ Deployment Solution is available on select models with embedded operating systems and offers IT managers an easy way to deploy images to the OptiPlex FX160.
- Select client licensing are enabled and included with each OptiPlex FX160 purchase.
- Desk-side deployments are made less painful with Dell USB-image transfer utility.
- Centralized image management simplifies complexities around client deployments with plug-and-play installations with Dell Client Manager on select ODDS models.
- Integrated power supply and optional mounting options make the OptiPlex FX160 an easy choice when it comes to maximizing your desktop real estate.
OptiPlex Delivers Smart Energy ChoicesDell is committed to being the greenest PC company on the planet, and the OptiPlex FX160 delivers, smart energy choices.
- Intel Atom processors benefit from new 45 nm low-power micro-architecture process — which makes the processor energy-efficient — and provide excellent single application productivity.
- Help reduce power consumption — and cost — with Dell integrated power supply, which is up to 87 percent efficient.
- The OptiPlex FX160 is designed to meet ENERGY STAR and EPEAT-Gold certifications with select hard drive configurations.
- Removable Media Storage Devices: Optional external DVD-ROM drive
- Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security (up to 3 year subscription)
Chassis loop lock support (cable locks sold separately); Cable Security Kit is optional and requires a Kensington type lock to secure your peripherals, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card reader keyboard
- Integrated 50W 87% Efficient Power Supply, ENERGY STAR 4.0 compliant Wide-Ranging Active PFC
CECP, ENERGY STAR 4.0 and possibly 5.0 during its life, WEEE, EPEAT GOLD, Japan Energy Law, CES, Japan Green PC, FEMP, South Korea Eco-label, EU RoHS, China RoHS
Dell Energy Smart settings, Carbon Off-set programs (Plant-A-Tree, Plant-A-Forest), System Recycle (Asset Recovery Service)
Regulatory Model: DC01T
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Dell ProSupportDesigned to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport™ starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical 4-hour Onsite Service — Priority on-site service to get you back up and running fast|
Specialised Onsite Options — Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for laptops include:
|Asset Management and Protection ||Enterprise-wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Don’t have an IT staff?
Dell ProSupport for End Users is designed for organisations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications, such as Norton AntiVirus™, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop and Adobe® Acrobat®. To purchase Dell ProSupport for end users, please contact your Dell Sales Representative.
|Customisation and Set up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customisation and utilisation of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of accountability.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services, such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration in our factory.
ImageDirect™ is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customer to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel AMT and Intel vPro Support
For Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ customers, new deployment service options, such as unique password pre-population, preconfigured management settings, and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive, select boot order, change BIOS settings and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.