Add power to your switch
The PowerConnect J-EX8216 modular Ethernet chassis switch delivers a high-performance platform for today’s high-density 10GbE data center, campus aggregation and core networks. The J-EX8216 powers your network with scalable growth options to add up to 16 line cards which can deliver up to 128 ports of 10GBASE-T traffic at wire speed.
- High-density line-rate performance at all packet sizes
- Easily migrate to higher-speed connections without changes to the switch fabric, routing engines, power or cooling systems
- Complete toolbox with Junos® operating system
Purpose-built for your data centerThe PowerConnect J-EX8216 modular Ethernet chassis switch offers sixteen dedicated line-card slots in a 21-rack-unit chassis and features a switch fabric with 1.9 billion packets-per-second forwarding.
Meeting your challengesThe PowerConnect J-EX8216 delivers the high availability, fast communication and strong security you need today as well as a platform for supporting the requirements of tomorrow.
- Comes with a 320-Gbps-per-slot switching capacity
- Expandable to include 100 Gbps uplinks
- Supports hardware-based generic routing encapsulation (GRE) tunneling
- High-density line-rate performance at all packet sizes
- Up to 128 10GbE or 768 GbE line rate ports in a compact 14 rack unit chassis
- Deep buffering: Up to 512MB per 10 GbE port and 42 MB per GbE port
- Highly scalable L2-L4 tables for MAC address, IPv4 and IPv6 routes, ACLs and multicast groups enable large scale deployment in campus or datacenter without sacrificing line rate performance
Advanced routingThe PowerConnect J-EX8216 Switch Fabric and Routing Engine (SRE) module unites switch-fabric, control-plane and management-plane functionality on a single module. It also includes an integrated routing engine with a 1.2 GHz processor with 2GB of DRAM and 2GB of flash storage.
Junos operating systemThe PowerConnect J-EX8216 secure router runs on the Junos operating system, a common OS used across all J-Series products as well as on many of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
- Highly disciplined, the Junos OS development process uses a single source code, follows a single quarterly release train and employs a highly available modular architecture that prevents isolated failures from bringing down an entire system.
- Fully regression-tested, each new Junos release delivers a true superset of the previous version. As a result, whenever Junos-powered products are updated, all existing operating and maintenance capabilities will carry over as part of the update.
ProtectionThis PowerConnect™ switch is backed by an Extended Life Warranty*, which guarantees Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for as long as you own the product or until five years after end of model sales.
While Basic Hardware Service delivers reliable support for your hardware, most organizations benefit from additional levels of support that protects their IT investment and maximizes productivity. We recommend Dell™ ProSupport™, an enhanced services suite that includes: 24x7 tech support, accelerated response times, immediate access to L2 technical experts and proactive support options. Go beyond the basics and start transforming your IT infrastructure into a true business asset.
Supporting your unique environmentThe right support is not one-size-fits-all, it’s what fits your environment. Dell ProSupport provides flexible and reliable support that empowers you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. Choose support based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources.
Whether you need to support an IT staff or end users, Dell ProSupport will help you remove barriers so you can get back to work. You’ll receive:
- 24x7x365 direct access to Dell Expert Centers via email, chat and phone support
- Mission Critical Response Options, including ability to self-designate Severity Level 1
- Hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting, including direct Dell OEM (original equipment manufacturer) support and 3rd party collaborative support
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ Anti-Virus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat4®
- Skip the script and save time with tech-to-tech support
- Access to tools and resources to certify your technicians that allows them to self-dispatch parts and labor
- Award-winning support from Global Command Centers for dispatch monitoring and end-to-end case management for critical situations or natural disasters
Simplify your IT infrastructureDell ProConsult™ Global Infrastructure Consulting Services can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualizing your environment. We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
We utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI (return on investment) and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Accelerating deploymentDell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed up production time of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering your teamOur education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware, so you can reap the full benefits of standards-based technologies.
Availability and Service may vary by region.