10 Gb flexible modularity for PowerEdge M1000e enclosures
Data centers deploying Dell blade servers with increasing I/O performance and bandwidth requirements driven by technologies such as HPCC and virtualization.
10 Gigabit EthernetEach PowerConnect M8024 switch provides 24 10-GbE ports to the Dell PowerEdge™ M1000e blade chassis. This valuable capability delivers 10 GbE to each of the up to 16 server blades. The enhanced bandwidth and performance more than satisfies the increasingly important requirements of servers embracing technologies like virtualization.
Extreme FlexibilityIn addition to the 16 internal 10 GbE ports, the M8024 delivers flexible external I/O connectivity choices, utilizing up to two modular 10 Gb Base-T, CX-4 and/or small form-factor pluggable + (SFP+) uplinks. Each SFP+ module provides four 10 GbE ports. When using two SFP+ modules, a total of eight external 10GbE ports are provided. Each CX-4 module provides three 10 GbE ports. Two CX-4 modules yield a total of six external 10 GbE ports. Two 10 Gb Base-T modules provide four 10 GbE ports. For even more flexibility, the M8024 supports mixed environments using combinations of SFP+, 10 Gb Base-T and CX-4 modules.
High DensityThe PowerConnect M8024 is designed for the Dell PowerEdge M1000e chassis and extends significant bladed benefits, including:
- Optimized data center space utilization
- Reduced cabling and related components
- Shared power and cooling infrastructure
- Overall lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
PowerConnect Family BenefitsThe Dell PowerConnect M8024 is a member of a broad family of Dell PowerConnect products and enjoys valuable features, functions and benefits available in other Dell switches installed in the data center. This not only eases integration but also simplifies ongoing management. IT personnel will find familiar products recognized for their valuable capabilities. Additionally, IT server administrators will find deployment of the M8024 to be simplified, and will enjoy the benefits delivered by the Simple Switch firmware feature included with the M8024. These capabilities, along with the rich capabilities of the M8024, make deploying 10 Gb Ethernet a quick and effective solution for growing data centers with Dell PowerEdge blades.
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell™ ProSupport™ for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell™ ProSupport™ for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
|Customization and Set up|
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.