- If you are not sure how to answer a question or need help ,
refer to “Why we are asking this question” or “More” for every question
- Some options may not be selectable because of previous
inputs. The system builder dynamically changes each step based on inputs in the
previous steps and disables some options or completely hide them
- Do not use the browser navigation button, use the system
builders forward, backward and steps “bread crumbs” buttons to navigate
Important Notes about the solution:
- Cables, PDUs and racks are not included as part of the
- Storage: Storage requirements are based on assumptions regarding
customer needs. For example, for Fibre Channel and iSCSI it is assumed that the
read write ratio is assumed to be 70:30, average IO size 32 KB, and one spare
drive for each tier.
- IOPs and Capacity: The number of drives for Storage Center
are designed to meet both these requirements. If these two requirements are far
apart (example, high IOPs and low capacity requirement), then the
recommendation will be sized for the highest of these two requirements and
oversized for the other. A more detailed tuning of the disk drives maybe
required based on customer needs.
- Network: The final solution must be customized based on how
the system integrates into the customer datacenter. This will include uplink
cables, power requirements etc.
- Compute: Processor and memory for each server are selected
based on customer inputs, general assumptions regarding VM density and VM
performance. The configuration must be reviewed with the customer to ensure
that it meets their needs.
- Backup: We are assuming the retention period for back up is
30 days and the change rate is 2% daily
- Scale: Ensuring that networking fabric can support the
compute and storage provided by the system builder
- Management server: Ensure that the management server is
customized to the needs to the components that is required by the customer
- High availability: The system builder takes high
availability into account when determining the number of servers
- FX2 server: Before ordering the solution, it is important to
associate the FX2 modules (FC nodes and FNIOAs) to the FX2 chassis.