The best way to determine what drivers are available for your Dell printer is to visit the product page for your printer on the Dell Support site. The list of what Operating Systems (OS) that are supported on your printer is located on the Drivers & downloads tab, under Change OS.
When looking for Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 drivers for your printer and it is not listed as having any, some or all of the printer's functionality may still be available using Compatibility Mode as a means to install printer drivers from a past version of Windows.
To browse to the product page for your printer, perform the following steps.
- Browse to the Dell Support site.
- Enter your printer's Service Tag to get a concise list of drivers for your specific product model. Click Submit to continue. To locate your Service Tag or Express Service Code, browse to the Where is the Service Tag located for Printers? page.
Note: When the Service Tag is not available:
- Touch or click Choose from all products.
- Touch or click Printers.
- Touch or click Mono Laser Printers, Color Laser Printers or All-In-One Inkjet Printers depending on your printer type.
- Select your printer model (the model number of your printer is shown on the front of the printer).
- Touch or click the Drivers & downloads tab.
- Touch or click Change OS.
The list of what Operating Systems (OS) that are supported on your printer are shown. For more information on how to download and install drivers, refer to the Dell Knowledge Base article Downloading Drivers, Software, User Guides and Firmware for Your Dell Printer