Table of Contents:
- Uninstall the Existing Dell Printer Drivers
- Download and Install the Inkjet Printer Drivers
This article provides instructions on removing, then downloading and installing the latest driver for your printer.
Uninstall the Existing Dell Printer Drivers
Before reinstalling any printer drivers, it is necessary to remove any printer drivers that were previously installed. Not doing so can cause problems that prevent the computer from communicating with the printer.
To uninstall previous printer drivers:
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your Dell printer, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Dell™ Printers and then point to the listing of your Dell printer and then click the Uninstall Dell Printer icon.
- When the Dell Printer Uninstall confirmation window appears, click Yes. This process may take several minutes to complete. Do not attempt to power off the computer at this time.
- When the Dell Printer Uninstallation window appears, click to select the Yes, I want to restart my computer right now (recommended) option, then click OK. (The system automatically shuts down and restarts.)
After the system restarts, the printer uninstallation process is complete.
Do not reconnect the USB cable to the printer until after you have downloaded and reinstalled the printer's drivers.
Back to Top
Download and Install the Inkjet Printer Drivers
To download the 944 All-In-One printer driver from support.dell.com, perform the following steps:
- Browse to the 944 Download Page.
- Select the desired Operating System from the drop-down boxes as pictured in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Drivers and Downloads Drop-Down Selections
Click More Filter Options for more choices if needed.
- Click Download to the right of Dell - Driver.
- Click the Run button.
- Make sure the box next to Close this dialog box when download completes is unchecked.
- When the download completes, click Allow or Run.
- On the Printers: window, click Continue.
- In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
- If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click Yes to All. If a message appears asking to create a folder, click Yes.
- In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
- Follow the prompts that appear to install the driver.
- If prompted to restart your system, click OK.
Back to Top