Operating System Installation
The Lifecycle Controller (LCC) provides a simple way of installing a supported Operating System
onto your PowerEdge server including drivers you would need.
When accessing the LifeCycle Controller for the first time, a wizard will be displayed to assist the initial configuration. The steps are detailled in the following manual : Setting Up Your Dell PowerEdge Server Using Dell Lifecycle Controller
The installation steps have been made as easy as possible:
- Press F10 during boot to enter the LCC
- Select OS Deployment in the left hand menu
- Click Deploy OS
- Select Configure RAID First or Go Directly to OS Deployment depending on if you have a RAID set up already or not
- If apliccable, follow the wizard to set up the RAID disk as you want
- Select Manual or Automatic install as needed
- Insert the OS installation disk
- Follow the OS installation wizard (If Manual install has been selected)
Here a collection of useful how-to videos:
Note: It is sometimes necessary to update the lifecycle controller to ensure the most relevant Firmware and Drivers are available for your system.