Table of Contents:
- How to Install a Staple Finisher on the B5460dn / B5465dnf/ S5830dn Dell Laser Printer
This article provides information on "How to Install a Staple Finisher on the B5460dn / B5465dnf / S5830dn Dell Laser Printer"
1. How to Install a Staple Finisher on the B5460dn / B5465dnf / S5830dn Dell Laser Printer
- Do not install any finisher on top of the high capacity output expander.
- When using a staple finisher and 4‑bin mailbox, the staple finisher must always be on top.
An Optional Finisher Guide Bar may need to be installed before installing a 4-bin Mailbox, Staple Finisher, or Output Expander.
- Remove the staple finisher from the box.
- Remove the packaging from the sides of the staple finisher.
- Remove the staple finisher carefully from the plastic shipping material by folding down the sides of the plastic and lifting the staple finisher off the plastic.
- Remove tape from the staple finisher and discard.
- Power off the printer.
- Remove the top cover of the printer.
- Align the staple finisher with the top of the printer, and then slowly lower the staple finisher into place.
- Once in place press down to lock into place.
- Power on the printer.
Note: When the printer software and any optional trays are installed, you may need to manually add the options in the printer driver to make them available for print jobs.
More info can be found in the B5460dn User’s Guide , B5465dnf User’s Guide or the S5830dn User Guide.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Back to Top