This article provides information on issues pertaining to printing from email or internet but can print from other programs, using a network printer with Norton Internet Security installed.
NOTE: If your network printer is already shown in Network Security Map, go to line 5.
- Start Norton Internet Security
- In the Network Protection pane, click Network Security Map.
- In the left pane, under Total in Network, click the [+] sign.
- In the Add a Device window, enter the Device Name and IP address for your network printer, and then click Add Device.
- Select your network printer in Network Security Map.
- Next to Trust Level, click [Edit].
- In the Edit Device Trust Level window, click Full Trust, and then click OK.
- In the Network Security Map window, click Close.
NOTE: It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers.
Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.
More information can be found in the User's Guide for your model printer.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
Back to Top