This article provides information about running the MTDS on a Windows server
How to run MTDS | Microsoft Diagnostic Toolkit (New version of MPS)
MTDS has replaced MPS reports from Microsoft.
1. Start by going to the KB that provides a links to the Self Help portal http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2672837
2. Each Tool on the Self-help portal has a "Learn More " option which will show you all of the logs or tests that particular tool will run
3. Once you click the tool you would like to utilize you will be presented with the following box below
4. Name the Session name something you will associate with your case but not something customer sensitive as this will be stored in your support profile
5. Once you have chosen a name click Create Then click Download
6. A Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service tool will download . Something like this
7. You can either copy this file to the machine you need to gather logs from or you can create a premade package to send to the customer to run. The Premade package can be helpful for customers that may either have a poor internet connection or security restrictions preventing them from running the online tool in their environment.
8. This will walk you through compiling a package for A Different Computer
9. Start by launching the tool downloaded in step 6
10. Next click Accept
11. The tool will now download various components
12. You will be presented with the following screen. Choose "A Different Computer"
a. If you are sure the machine this will be run on has Powershell installed you can check the "The Computer already has Windows PowerShell Box" if you are not sure just leave it unchecked then click Next
13. Then Click Begin
14. Choose a location to place the file you will be sending to your customer, then click Save
15. Once the package finishes assembling click Close
16. You should now have a file in the location you chose in step 14
17. Place this file on the server you would like to gather logs on and run it
18. The Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services tool will launch, Click Accept
19. Click Start once the diagnostic tool launches
20. Log collection will begin and may run for an extended period of time based on the tool you selected
21. Once completed you will be presented with a screen to review the logs prior to saving and uploading them. Once your review is complete click Next.
22. You will be prompted to choose a save location for the logs, once your save location has been selected click Save Results
23. Once the files have saved click close
24. Open the location you chose to save the logs and find the folder Titled "Upload Results"
You will notice inside this folder a cab file that contains all of the various logs much like an MPS report
25. If you would like to utilize the automated diagnostics continue to the next steps, otherwise review the logs as usual.
26. Once the upload completes click Close
27. Next open a browser and go to https://premier.microsoft.com/
28. Click My Premier
29. Next click My Work Items
30. Click the Title of the work item you would like to review
31. You should now see each Diag or task that’s been run against your work item. In this case we ran a Diagnostics tool for Performance show below and its currently being Analyzed.
32. Once the analysis completed you can click the Title and the results if any will be shown. In this case no issues where found on my local machine.
上次修改日期： 10/08/2014 06:47 PM