Older Dell computers ship with a utility partition on the hard drive that contains the 32-bit Dell Diagnostic Utility, to help you determine any hardware issues.
To run the built-in diagnostics, perform the following steps:
- Restart the computer.
- As the computer boots, press F12 when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
- When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option, or the Diagnostics option and then press Enter to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics.
- Press the Tab key to highlight Test System Press Enter to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics.
- Video (English Only) - Use 32-bit Diagnostics to Perform Diagnostics
- The video instructs how to use the 32-bit Diagnostics on a PowerEdge Server.
- The video will not play in the Chrome browser version 62 or above. Please use another browser to view the video.